Pensions Administrator (Full time 2 Year Fixed Term Contract – part time considered)
Experienced Pensions Administrator required for this friendly in-house pensions team at the University of York.
We’re looking to recruit an experienced Pensions Administrator on a fixed term basis to primarily work on delivering high-quality member services for the University of York Pension Fund. The Fund is a defined benefit final salary scheme, which is open to new members.
You will undertake a range of administration processes and calculations such as pension forecasts, transfer values, refunds and annual allowance usage. You’ll be comfortable at dealing with customer queries, providing guidance and information to both members and colleagues. It’s important that you maintain an up-to-date knowledge of pension scheme rules and wider pensions legislation.
- 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above (including Maths and English)
- Experience of administering defined benefit schemes, gained either in-house or within a third party environment
- Technical knowledge of pension scheme legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of specialist pensions administration systems
- Experience of analysing data and presenting summary information in a clear and concise format
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Ability to effectively organise and prioritise own work and follow procedures
What we offer
- 38 days holiday
- Competitive salary (starting from £21,414)
- Flexible working
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Flexible benefits scheme (including cycle to work, dental & health plans, season ticket loans)
- Attractive Campus environment including on site Sports Village (gym, swimming pool) restaurants and shops.
The role is a fixed term contract for two years full time. Applications to undertake the role on a part time basis are also welcomed.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork