Our client is a leading consultancy seeking a Senior New Business Development Consultant to target the outsourcing market in pensions administration covering TPA, Annuity , Data Services etc
The new business development area focuses on winning new clients across all business streams in this specific area and mainstream services, consistent with being a market leading service provider. This role will be a senior role within this team and will play an integral role within the company’s integrated Client Management, New Business and Marketing team.
The role comprises several major elements:
- Identifying and generating prospect leads for new business opportunities in their target markets and sectors (Corporate and Trustee DB ).
- Setting up initial meetings with prospective clients with a view to attaining meaningful visits. This will require researching prospect clients to understand what their issues may be and thereby ensuring consequential meetings/conversations take place.
- Researching, assessing and defining new sales channels to promote the business's products and services and integrating these into the national programme for new business.
- Partnering with consultants across areas within the practice areas to gain an understanding of their business plans and targets, together.
- Following up on leads gained from colleagues and other sources with a view to initiating further dialogue between senior business consultants and prospective new clients.
- Developing and sponsoring seminars and networking events for existing and prospective clients.
- Attending relevant industry events and seminars in order to initiate and develop new client relationships.
- Ensuring that the company’s research and product developments are reflected in any direct communications with target clients.
- Understanding existing client’s business drivers and thereby becoming aware of any new business sales opportunities.
- Promoting customer retention and creating revenue growth through supporting cross selling opportunities.
- Working with the new business support team manage tender and bid opportunities, prioritising the most appropriate cases, ensuring consistent timely and effective responses, rehearsing the proposed client team, etc
- Setting up performance benchmarks and establishing/communicating clear role objectives on a continuous basis that makes sense to the business and their culture
- Evaluating success based on qualified evidence
- Helping to shape the team going forward as a member of the team as the style within this department is a collegiate style.
- Adhering to the firm's Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
In addition to having recognised consultancy new business development experience, the successful person, will have:
- Proven selling skills, together with evidence of creating and maintaining strong long term external and internal relationships.
- A track record of growing revenue from business consultancy services, preferably with significant experience TPA , Annuity and data services
- An understanding of the services benefit consultancies offer as a whole.
- Sound technical knowledge that will inspire confidence and credibility with clients.
- Strong commercial awareness of the market with particular emphasis on the corporate/occupational pensions and benefits market
- An established and relevant portfolio of professional alliances and social networks