We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
Due to continued growth, we are creating a new projects team within the Leeds office. This team provides support to the on-going administration teams by carrying out administration project work on both a regular basis and as required on an ad-hoc basis.
Each team is managed by a team leader and the primary focus for a Team Leader will be on team and staff management.
- Take responsibility for team workload and activity
- Monitor the team’s performance against project deadlines, Service Level Agreements and budgets
- Delegate where appropriate while retaining accountability
- Work with the Project Managers to provide project management support to the team
- Motivate and facilitate effective team working and ensure the team looks for efficiency gains
- Take responsibility for ensuring team members meet quality standards by adhering to policies and procedures
- Hold regular meetings with all team members to discuss workloads etc.
- Attend Client Review Meetings to discuss client issues, project progress etc.
- Work with the Pension Administration Associate or Partner to ensure that team members are performing effectively, identifying development needs, providing coaching and training where necessary
- Mentoring – provide constructive feedback for others in order to improve their understanding and knowledge and support the development of the individual
- Undertake PDRs for all team members
- Hold regular one-to-one discussions with individual team members
- Have an input into the recruitment process and conduct interviews
- Ensure that any concerns or complaints from clients or members are dealt with appropriately
- Attend client and prospect meetings
- Check complex work of other team members, promote efficiency and ensure accuracy and compliance with scheme rules, procedures and legislation
- Communicate with administration teams, actuaries, clients, their employees and former employees and advisers as appropriate
- Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
Experience and Qualifications
- GCSE/A levels are required and a relevant degree or progress with a relevant PMI qualification is desirable
- Appropriate experience within a DB administration role
- Experience managing and supervising a team
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of PRINCE 2 project methodologies
What we offer at Barnett Waddingham
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social, cultural activities, clubs and groups
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where reasonable adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.