The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham practice areas. The services are provided from all of our UK offices and include:
- Benefit administration
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- Pensioner payroll
- PPF assessment administration services
- Administration consulting services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Bespoke one off projects
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
Due to increased growth, we are creating a new projects team and so invite applications for an experienced pension projects administrator.
About the role
The Pension Administration practice area undertakes continual improvement processes and adapts software introduced by the IT development teams for internal use by staff. The Pension Projects Administrator will work closely with the Pensions Project Manager or Team Leader and will support the practice area administration teams, software development teams and project stakeholders to ensure projects are are delivered effectively and within agreed timescales and costs.
- You will need to have a solid understanding DB pension administration, which you have gained in a commercial environment
- You will be enthusiastic, people-focused and comfortable working in a busy environment - with exceptional organisational skills
- You will also be the kind of person who likes to do a really good job, exceeding expectations wherever possible
- We need you to have at least GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C / 5 or above in both Maths and English
- If you have started to study towards a professional pension qualification then this is something we';;d look to support - if you';d like to get started then this is something we';d also support
- If you';ve had exposure to PRINCE2 then that would be desirable but not essential
What we offer at Barnett Waddingham
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social, cultural activities, clubs and groups
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where reasonable adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.