We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients
The SIPP Business Area provides administration and trusteeship services to self-invested personal pension arrangements for members, both advised and non-advised. We hold over 1000 commercial properties and are looking to grow in this area. Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its members and supporting advisers and to achieve this service we need talented and enthusiastic people who positively embrace challenges.
The SIPP Business Area continually delivers new product features and service improvements by adapting our internal processes and developing our IT platforms. Business Analysts sit within the Change Team whose overall aim is the successful delivery of business change through focused projects, often involving new technologies, product innovation and major process improvements. The need for change is driven by strategic and tactical business initiatives normally aimed at enhancing products and services, increasing efficiency, reducing risk, improving customer journeys, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Business Analysts may also join projects involving external clients.
The purpose of this role is to evaluate requirements and business processes, identify viable solutions plus opportunities for wider improvements and then work with the team to develop and implement solutions that deliver the required outcomes. Working within a project environment, the role requires you to prepare and deliver the full range of business analysis documentation using structured methodologies and modelling techniques. This includes business requirement specifications/user stories, supporting user guide/procedure note updates, impact assessments and process models.
To be considered for this role, you will need:-
- A relevant degree or Business Analysis qualification and/or appropriate experience
- A minimum of grade C / 5 in GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- The ability to map, create and maintain process flows using common software applications.
- Knowledge of the SIPP and SSAS market place
- The ability to use or quickly adapt to a wide range of common and BW specific software applications.
- A good understanding of software and how it can improve the efficiency of business processes.
- Strong influencing skills.
- A structured, analytical approach to work and problem solving.
- Proven investigative and questioning skills underpinned by a natural curiosity, tenacity and an open mind.
- Good presentation and technical writing skills.
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a discretionary annual bonus
- We also offer much scope for career progression whether it be along the lines of supporting you in your study towards a professional qualification or making an internal job move
- Our culture and working environment is enabling - we want you to thrive in your role so we will make sure you are equipped with the training and support to be productive and effective
- The opportunity to work within a multi-award winning pension and benefits consultancy