About PS Aspire
Punter Southall Aspire is a major investment and savings business that blends a strong customer focused heritage with a modern technology-led outlook. It has over £4 billion of assets under advice, 200,000 scheme members and 13 offices across the UK. The company works with employers, trustees and private clients to design and manage solutions that meet clients’ unique needs.
Punter Southall Aspire is Investors In People accredited and has a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of our collaborative working culture. We are looking for colleagues who can contribute to our values and help deliver a market leading proposition. In return, we will offer you a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, as well as the opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience in order to further your career.
We have numerous working groups which are accessible to employees at all levels, to help with learning but also to allow all employees to make suggestions and provide input into all aspects of our day-to-day business.
We also have a strong history of promoting from within – with employees who have worked with us for over ten years and have moved from administration all the way up to Principal. We offer study support – both financial and practical – to help you to achieve your goals.
About the Employee Benefits team
The Employee Benefits team specialises in pension schemes for corporate and trustee clients, providing: operational support; member education; scheme review and governance services; investment consulting and communications expertise.
We are a modern, flexible and forward thinking team, with laptops for all staff (being rolled out H1 2019).
About the Guildford office and team
The PS Aspire Guildford office is located in the centre of town, with excellent access to train and bus stations, shops, cafes and restaurants.
The office itself is newly refurbished, with a modern style, breakout sofa areas and fully stocked kitchen (including free espresso machine).
We have a positive and friendly atmosphere, with dress down culture, regular social events and a team of dedicated and hard-working individuals who support each other towards our targets.
About the role
The role is supporting our consultants with providing a high quality service to our corporate clients.
We are looking for an individual with a thirst for knowledge and creative flair; somebody with a positive approach to work and an interest in pensions and other workplace savings.
Our team focuses on designing, reviewing and improving employer pension provision for their employees, to help people achieve better outcomes in retirement. Our clients are predominantly HR directors, Finance directors and pension governance committees.
You will be assigned clients, so that you can build relationships and provide ongoing support. As well as the consultants and other admin support team members, you will be dealing directly with your assigned clients and their scheme providers on a regular basis.
Tasks you will be directly involved with include:
- Creating member communications – scheme guides, presentations, interactive tools, announcement letters, newsletter.
- Producing scheme reports – including data analysis, chart production and commentary.
- Peer reviewing work produced by others – to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Attending meetings with consultants – including minute taking, but also active participation to build relationships with clients.
- Answering member queries, by email and phone – helping to resolve issues and improve the member experience.
- Liaising with clients, providers and consultants to ensure the smooth running of clients’ pension schemes.
- Using internal client management systems, such as Intelligent Office (no previous experience required) and Microsoft Office products (some experience preferred).
We are looking for someone who is able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
Knowledge and experience
- Experience working with defined contribution pension schemes would be preferable, or at least some level of financial services experience.
- Able to demonstrate competency in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Skills and personal qualities
- A client focused approach, able to develop trusting and credible partnerships with clients both face to face and via the telephone.
- Continues to seek ways of innovating, simplifying and improving quality, service delivery and processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to work, in particular taking responsibility for personal and technical continuous professional development.
- Able to identify and suggest solutions to problems.
- Able to recognise and work towards meeting the interests of both clients and Company.
- Good organisational and planning skills, including an ability to manage conflicting demands on time and able to work to tight deadlines in order to meet obligations.
- Good attention to detail, good communication and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal abilities, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- A high degree of professional integrity.
- Wishes to develop personally within the role.
- Ideally educated to at least A Level or equivalent standard.
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - grade B or higher is preferable.
- Willing to study towards relevant industry qualifications.