This is a key role within Workplace Pensions and provides a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a strong background in pensions and client relationships to progress their career and be the link between the client and our business. The Relationship Manager (RM) will provide an excellent day to day service for a specific portfolio of clients and this will involve direct client contact by phone, email and face to face on a daily basis, dealing with enquiries from the client, planning tasks and visiting their premises for service reviews and Trustee meetings. The role of the RM is also to provide expert support to the Relationship Director to help build relationships, which is essential to retain and grow business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Take ownership of Client enquiries and deliver an appropriate response which enhances Equiniti service reputation and adds value to the relationship.
- Work closely with operational teams and all parts of the business to ensure Client task requirements are understood and delivered on time and accurately.
- Produce, publish and agree key task milestones with the client and key internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all task documentation conforms to regulatory and compliance requirements prior to client sign off.
- Ensure robust processes are in place and to continually look for opportunities to improve existing services and manage costs
- Ensure required management information is produced, validated and issued on time.
- Ensure all key task information, knowledge and insight is captured and accurately maintained.
- Provide Expert product support to the Relationship Director at Client review meetings ensuring all action points are carried out within agreed timescales.
- Identify additional commercial opportunities and work closely with the Relationship Director and/or new business to progress accordingly.
- Identify and escalate non-standard activity to the Relationship Director.
- Support the process to secure contract renewals, working with the Sales & Bids team and relationship/client manager in preparing business tenders and participating in the process.
- Proactively share knowledge with colleagues to ensure best practice is promoted across the team and innovation is shared with the client.
- Act consistently with our Company's values and maintain the organisations reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Some travel to client sites will be required with this role.
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Previous experience of pensions is critical to the role - ideally in a Third Party Administration environment.
- Previous experience in a client facing role with experience of effective relationship management
- Exceptional attention to detail and a thorough approach to planning and implementation
- Proven experience of delivering excellence in response to high client expectations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Commercial awareness
- Organisational awareness
- Strong internal and external communication skills, verbal and written