Pensions Technical Project Manager
To £55,000, plus benefits
Our client is a FTSE 100 organisation seeking a Pensions Technical Project Manager to join their in-house pension team, based in Hertfordshire. We are seeking a candidate from a Pensions background able to challenge and manage stakeholders to deliver project objectives, as well as have the credibility and gravitas to present and explain complex information in a simple manner. On a day-to-day basis you will be working with the Pensions Team, Payroll Team, Finance Team, Scheme advisers, 3rd Party providers of services and the Trustees.
· To own and lead on large, complex projects and/or a portfolio of smaller projects
· To establish role model planning, governance, reporting, communication, budgetary and delivery disciplines ensuring delivery to quality, time and cost requirements
· To build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external and across all areas.
· To champion and facilitate cross functional colleagues/teams to work as ‘one’.
· To use effectively assigned resources in collaboration with business as usual requirements
· To offer proactive support to non-project management specialists.
· To make continuous improvement a priority.
· To be a role model to ensure a project is always run with proper governance
· Managing multiple (and sometimes interrelated) pensions projects at the same time, both one-off projects and annual tasks
· Project management tasks: preparing project plans, monitoring actions, chairing calls/meetings, driving forwards, monitoring budgets
· Identifying risks, interdependencies, challenges and solving if possible or referring upwards.
· Identifying downstream admin challenges from change projects.
· Work with external suppliers, including scoping work and negotiating fees.
· Working with multiple internal parties involved in projects to identify solutions which meets all their requirements and persuading them of the way forward.
· Preparation of papers for Trustee and Committee meetings, including occasional attendance at meetings to present papers.
· Challenge existing processes and practices and explore/propose alternatives.
· Keeping up to date with pensions legislation/requirements and how they impact projects and routine work.
· Monitoring budgets for specific projects
· Accountable for planning, governance, reporting, communication, budgetary and delivery disciplines ensuring delivery to quality, time and cost requirements
Experience relevant for job
· Experience of completing the entire project lifecycle, from inception to implementation.
· Track record of delivering pensions projects and bulk exercises to time, quality and budget.
· Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to articulate complex messages with clarity and ease to all audiences and flex style as required.
· Strong business awareness.
· Ability to work to strict deadlines.
· Ability to cope with high demand requirements of stakeholders.
· Logical, innovative, methodical, collaborative and thorough approach to work.
· Expertise in making high level decisions and implement operational plans.
· Collaborative team player who can influence outcomes as well as work independently.
· Knowledge of pensions administration operations
· Knowledge of pensions legislation
· Desirable : PMI part qualified
· Project management qualification
Operation skills relevant
· MS Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
· Prince2 qualified
· Planning, monitoring and controlling projects, including risk management.
· Financial control and budget management
· Operational management, process management and control
· Commercial Credibility
· Drive & Resilience
· Delivering Solutions
· Big Picture Thinking
· Relationship Building
· Leadership & Influence
· Driving Change & Improvement