Skipton Building Society has an exciting opportunity in our Group Pensions Team. Reporting to the Pensions Manager, the role supports the running the retirement and life assurance benefit provision of the Skipton Building Society Group. If you are ready to make the first move in to pensions management or make the move to in-house, this role is for you.
If you have pensions experience gained in a similar role or pensions consultancy, expert technical knowledge and great people skills, we can offer you the chance to build an exciting career full of opportunity.
As an In-house Pensions Consultant, you will support the running of the Schemes in conjunction with our professional advisors, support the Trustees to discharge their duties, provide technical pensions expertise and deliver education and communications to colleagues across the Skipton Group. The Society operates a Group Personal Pension Plan for current colleagues and sponsors three funded defined benefit arrangements.
- Support the Trustees of the DB schemes; providing Trustee Secretariat support, technical knowledge, scheme governance and budget management.
- Oversee the group personal pension plan, providing technical support to both the Society and colleagues.
- Review scheme / member information and prepare written reports for presentation at meetings (including quarterly Trustee meetings).
- Work with external providers and advisers, building good working relationships.
- Set annual budgets and manage Trustee and Employer spend, challenging suppliers as appropriate.
- Develop and deliver communication strategies to raise awareness of the importance of saving for retirement (including colleague workshops and presentations).
- Keep your own pensions knowledge and awareness up to date and share that knowledge tailored to your audience.
We are looking for a self-motivated, flexible and well organised individual with excellent communication and presentation skills who is able to manage a diverse range of activities at the same time. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of all types of UK retirement provision, an awareness of UK pensions legislation and the ability to communicate these both to colleagues and to the pension professionals they will interact with. Previous pensions experience is essential.
About Skipton Building Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do. The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfil their career potential. We respect and appreciate the value that our colleagues’ unique differences can bring and offer consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility then please let us know.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Competitive Employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Company paid Group Income Protection scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and the opportunity to participate in the annual Holiday Trading Scheme to buy/sell extra days)
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Volunteering days
- Colleague discounts at a range of UK wide retailers, including holidays, restaurants, fashion, days out and more. Accessible via an online platform and mobile app.
- Discounts/cashback on selected products and services
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diverse culture
Skipton are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age