Our client is a leading Insurance firm, seeking an Account Manager within their Employee Benefits Division. This role provides key client relationship management, support, handling and development; to maintain and strengthen relationships with existing Clients on renewal and new business. Their usual classes are Travel and Personal Accident but we are looking to expand into other classes. Clients can be direct and through both Employee Benefit Consultants and Brokers who in turn own the relationships with their Clients.
Key tasks and result areas:
- Develop business in the Employee Benefits market, meeting and communicating with Consultants and clients to discuss and assess their needs and requirements.
- Develop market presence; maintain and strengthen relationships with existing Clients, Consultants, Underwriters and Insurers and develop new market opportunities.
- Assess Clients needs and prepare presentations, tenders and quotations for preferred provider status or single risk propositions.
- Prepare Client documentation for internal approval typically under Binding Authorities and issuance to client.
- Provide client support during full risk cycle (including mid-term changes and renewal).
- Communicate with third party suppliers such as Claims Handlers and Assistance companies.
- Preparation of renewal presentations (including premium and claim statistics), agreement with clients and finalisation with Underwriters.
- Attend conferences, events and networking opportunities.
- Attend Flexible Benefits open days when required (this may involve travel within the UK/ Ireland).
- Achieve Unit income targets.
- Proactively grow the portfolio of EB clients.
- Meet clients’ insurance requirements and those of Insurers and other parties in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage client renewals, including renewal documentation, renewal quotations and accounting procedures ensuring company and FCA requirements are met.
- Accurate input of data onto the Company office systems and generation of reports.
- Timely administration of mid-term and year-end adjustments.
Skills and competencies:
- Sales and customer service focused with strong influencing and negotiation skills, and high levels of commercial acumen.
- High level interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Well developed relationship management skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people with various levels of knowledge face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Communication skills: written, oral and presentational.
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Understand Certificate and Wording requirements in accordance with Binding Authority terms and conditions.
- Problem solving.
- Well developed computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Knowledge of SSP Sector would be desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
- Ability to adhere to and implement relevant company policies.
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Proven track record understanding of Personal Lines Insurance, preferably including Travel and Personal Accident.F
- Awareness and understanding of the UK Employee Benefits Market or Accident Health Life and Specialty.
- FCA Compliance requirements.
- Minimum 3 years within a similar role.
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of Insurance, including experience of Travel and/or Personal Accident and other allied classes such as Accident Health Life and Speciality Insurance.
- Experience within the Insurance broking industry and knowledge of business processes within the London Market would be a distinct advantage.
- Any other duties requested by senior management to fulfil the Job Purpose.