We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Team Manager to proactively manage a team of staff engaged in a variety of tasks related to the administration of Final Salary and Defined Contribution Schemes to deliver contracted levels of service and reporting within agreed costs. The Team Manager role is pivotal in providing an effective and consistent service to clients. As the Team Manager you should maintain:
- A clear understanding of client profitability and expected service
- An effective and well trained group of Senior Administrators and Administrators
- A buoyant and healthy level of team morale To deliver service in a customer focussed and conscientious manner and ensuring customers are treated fairly at all times.
- Deliver work within specified timescales agreed in the service contract or with the Senior Manager as appropriate.
- To ensure the team complies with internal procedures, all aspects of pensions legislation and adhere to service and quality standards.
- Manage and distribute work to the team and ensure the accurate and efficient throughput of work and dealing with issues that impact team performance. Liaison with other Team Managers onshore and offshore as needed to ensure service issues are managed and resolved.
- Liaison with the Senior Manager regarding resourcing and client expectations for all schemes managed by the team.
- Day to day Client contact on service matters.
- Collation and reporting of Management Information to the Service Manager as required.
- Ensure timely production of Administration reports for clients and deal with queries arising with the client either by phone or occasionally face to face. Record complaints as they are received and ensure that the Complaint database is updated and maintained. Investigate any complaint raised and where needed undertake a root cause analysis of the issues and take corrective action.
- Encourage ideas and suggestions for improving working methods taking into account client and member experience, where appropriate implement and document changes under the guidance of the Service Manager.
- Conduct formal staff appraisals and document these within the timescales.
- Undertake monthly 1:1's with all team members to be held to listen to team members concerns/comments
- Assist with Client Audits as required.
- Manage and participate in projects as required from the business and/or clients from time to time
Experience and Education Requirements
- Strong working knowledge and experience of pensions administration and pensions legislation and Regulation
- PMI qualification
- Computer literate and strong on Microsoft Office suite esp. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with BizFlow, SharePoint and Practice Engine
- Ideally some experience of planning and project management
- Ideally working towards APMI
Our Client offers highly attractive reward packages. They are aware of how integral their employees are to their progress, so ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
This is a fixed term contract until June 2019, with the potential to extend and develop the role on a long term basis.