Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
We have a bespoke pension administration system called Penstream and due to continued growth, we need two additional Penstream Specialists in our Cheltenham office. These roles are permanent and full-time. The Penstream team onboard new clients, undertake business as usual pension systems work, along with the testing and checking of data. There would also potentially be the opportunity to get involved with programming and new business pitches
Penstream development and implementation work is carried out in accordance with the Pension Administration Department’s control environment procedures which are in place to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the services for clients.
- Project based work as agreed, such as BWebstream system development or procedural and technical support functions
- New client systems installations and administration process automation
- Day-to-day technical support for pension administration systems
- Research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues, including testing of new procedures / systems and making recommendations
- Attend meetings and provide system demonstrations with providers, clients and prospects, if required
- Train and support colleagues following development and process improvements
- Read and understand scheme documentation in order to automate processes and explain calculation reasoning
- Demonstrate an awareness of UK pensions legislation, current/historic issues and their application to administration, inclusive of PPF specific requirements
- Liaise across Practice Areas as required
- Support effective working and encourage the team to look for efficiency gains and opportunities to carry out chargeable project work
- Check work to ensure accuracy and compliance, as required
- Work independently and manage own work schedule according to business priorities
- Liaise with external parties where required
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
Qualifications and Experience
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C and above are essential
- A pension administration qualification would be an advantage
- Candidates will have a background in DB or DC pension administration with a flair for systems or a desire to move in to more of a systems-based role
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
In terms of the person, we're looking for candidates who are professional, like to make sure that things are done properly and are good at spotting opportunity for improvement etc.
Candidates will also be strong team players who are willing to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
What we offer
- As a growing organisation, we offer plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career. If you are looking to continue your professional qualifications, then this is something we'd look to support if it was relevant to the role you were doing.
- We have an excellent benefits package including non-contributory pension and a discretionary annual bonus.
- A supportive and flexible working environment where the work to life ratio is balanced.