We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality. We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
Here are some of the services we provide:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- PPF assessment administration services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
About the role
This role is based within our "ongoing" pension administration team. We would ideally like you to have some experience administering Defined Benefit (DB) pensions but this is not essential. If you've got Defined Contribution (DC) pension experience or just really strong admin skills plus excellent numeracy, then we'll still consider your application.
You will be responsible for making sure that customers' pensions are accurately maintained as well as performing manual calculations (full training provided).
About the person
- You will be enthusiastic, people-focused and comfortable working in a busy environment
- You will also be the kind of person who likes to do a really good job, exceeding expectations wherever possible
- We need you to have at least GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C / 5 or above in both Maths and English
- Ideally you will have started to study towards a professional pension qualification but if not, we're looking for candidates who'd like to progress with this and it is something we'd support once you are settled in to the role
Are you driven by client satisfaction and motivated to building and maintain strong relationships both with clients, and with team members?
Does the opportunity to work towards a professional qualification excite you
If the answer is yes, then we would love to hear from you!
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a non-contributory pension (we contribute 6% in your first year and 7.5% thereafter) and a discretionary annual bonus
- We also offer much scope for career progression whether it be along the lines of supporting you in your study towards a professional qualification or a making an internal job move
- Our culture and working environment is enabling - we want you to thrive in your role so we will make sure you are equipped with the training and support to be productive and effective
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy