To deliver a professional and efficient administration service to members of the BT Pension Scheme, in accordance with BTPSA’s service contracts and agreed administrative procedures. To process member benefits accurately and within target timescales to provide an exceptional member experience.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Process members’ benefits based on their entitlements under the rules of the pension scheme and/or members’ leaving procedures.
- Update relevant pension administration systems or databases to ensure accuracy of information and corresponding benefit entitlements e.g. Profund.
- Communicate member’s entitlements both verbally and in writing, and to resolve member’s queries.
- Document work processes and provide support to the other members of the Member Services teams.
- Provide and assist with “on-job” training to the Team, as required.
- Assist with one-off projects.
- Liaise with external organisations on scheme member benefit entitlements.
- Undertake work in different teams within Member Services according to business need, including Bereavements, Transfers, Retirements, Technical Team and Data Services.
- Supporting and contributing to continuous improvement activities within the business, with a focus on removing waste and improving processes to give a better member experience.
- Other duties, as required.
Candidates must have high levels of numeracy with the ability to accurately calculate pension benefits using automated or manual methods. Excellent customer care skills with the capacity to communicate and interact effectively with members and their advisors as well as with colleagues. An ability to work under pressure with drive to achieve timescales without compromising quality is key to the role.
- Experience of working in a professional, customer focussed environment providing high levels of service
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage workload appropriately
- Strong IT and Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience within Pensions / and or Payroll Administration or analysis
- Progress in a pensions industry qualification
- Experience in pension software products, e.g. Profund or other Pension administration platforms
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification