Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values
We have a bespoke pension administration system called Penstream and are pleased to invite applications for the role of Penstream Specialist. This role is permanent and full-time. The Penstream team onboard new clients, undertake business as usual pension systems work, testing and checking of data. There would also potentially be the opportunity to get involved with programming and new business pitches.
If you have a flair for systems, a knowledge of the pension industry (defined benefit or defiined contribution) and are ready to progress to the next step of your career with an award-winning firm, then please do read on.
Penstream development and implementation work is carried out in accordance with the Pension Administration Department’s control environment procedures which are in place to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the services for clients.
Project based work as including system development or procedural and technical support functions
- New client systems installations and administration process automation
- Day-to-day technical support for pension administration systems
- Research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues, including testing and making recommendations
- Attend meetings and provide system demonstrations with providers, clients and prospects as required
- Train and support colleagues
- Read and understand scheme documentation in order to automate processes and explain calculation reasoning
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
Qualifications and Experience
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C and above are essential
- A pension administration qualification would be an advantage
- Candidates should have a background in DB or DC pension administration with a flair for systems or a desire to move in to more of a systems-based role
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
In terms of the person, we're looking for candidates who are professional, like to make sure that things are done properly and are good at spotting opportunity for improvement etc.
Candidates will also be strong team players who are willing to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.
Finally, we'd like to see really strong communications skills as this role not only involves communication with stakeholders in the business but also clients and prospects as well.