Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
The Pension Protection Fund (PPF) was established to pay compensation to members of eligible defined benefit pension schemes, when there is a qualifying insolvency event in relation to the employer and where there are insufficient assets in the pension scheme to cover Pension Protection Fund levels of compensation. As a result of continued growth and business-wins, we have a number of opportunities to join our PPF Administration team. In particular, we are looking for experienced DB administrators at Senior level.
Interested? Keep reading!
In an ideal world you’ll already have PPF experience. However if you’d like a new challenge, to be successful you will have extensive experience of administering final salary / defined benefit pension schemes, specifically in complex calculations of retirements, divorces etc. You’ll also be comfortable and competent in checking the work of others. f you have any experience in project-based work, this would be really useful!
- Are you driven by client satisfaction and motivated to building and maintain strong relationships both with clients, and with team members?
- Do you have really strong numeracy skills and demonstrable technical skills?
- Is your time management exemplary? Are you motivated to identify opportunities to implement efficiencies and support change?
- Would you thrive in an environment where you are encouraged to attend internal and external events to build business relationships, and where you are empowered and encouraged to identify and report business opportunities?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!
About the pension administration services we offer
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas. The services are provided from all of our UK offices and include:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- PPF assessment administration services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
What we offer
- We appreciate that not everyone wants to undertake full-time working, as such we are open to discussing possible part-time working options for this role.
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a non-contributory pension (we contribute 6% in your first year and 7.5% thereafter) and a discretionary annual bonus
- We also offer much scope for career progression whether it be along the lines of supporting you in your study towards a professional qualification or a making an internal job move
- Our culture and working environment is enabling - we want you to thrive in your role so we will make sure you are equipped with the training and support to be productive and effective
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy