We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality. We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
We are now recruiting for a Senior Pension Fund Accountant to join the team who can be based in any of the following offices: Amersham, Bristol, Bromsgrove, Cheltenham, Glasgow, Liverpool or Leeds.
The pension administration services that Barnett Waddingham provide include:
- Benefit administration
- Pensioner payroll
- Administration consulting services
- Scheme governance and trustee secretarial
- Bespoke one off projects
- Cash handling and preparing draft accounts
- PPF assessment administration services
- Data audits and data cleansing
- Specialist roles (secondments, expert witness)
- Support for trustees and in-house personnel
For the position of Senior Pension Fund Accountant, we are looking for candidates who are either qualified or part qualified (actively studying) with ICAEW/ICAS or ACCA with good financial accounting experience. We'd still consider candidates with the AAT qualification but they would need pension fund accounting experience as well. You will be the kind of person who enjoys delivering a really high quality service to clients.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintenance and reconciliation of accounting records
- Reconciliation of complex and segregated investments and AVC funds
- Preparation of statutory pension scheme trustee reports and other accompanying information for a portfolio of clients, ensuring that legislative timescales and client requirements are met
- Provision and review of financial management information for clients
- Organise and supervise the audit process, liaison with auditors, clients and third parties as required
- Maintain effective client relationships with trustees and auditors
- Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures and legislation including the Statement of Recommended Practice
We're looking for enthusiastic candidates with really strong financial accounting skills. As well as the tasks noted above, you might be involved with systems development, projects or committee work. You'll also be required to keep up-to-date with changing legislation and industry developments in relation to Pension Scheme SORP.
Other experience required:
- GCSE/A levels are required at grade C/5 and above are essential.
- A relevant qualification within the finance industry, such as AAT, CIMA or ACCA, or progress with AAT examinations is essential.
- The candidate would demonstrate a substantial knowledge and understanding of accountancy procedures, together with experience in production of accounts with the ability to work accurately and in a detailed manner to meet strict deadlines.
- Proven experience in producing pension scheme accounts would be an advantage.