This is an Executive Director position responsible for the growth and sustainability of a quality Pensions Administration business run primarily from Preston, Lancashire but also with other sites including London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
Pensions Administration is an important business line for the Partnership where developing and maintaining the LPP reputation as a service provider of choice, will be a key factor in determining the level of growth. It will be instrumental in developing positive external strategic relationships & partnerships within the public sector pension’s arena, with the potential to be an expert partner to private sector funds and demonstrating value for money for all partner funds. It is therefore imperative that role holders are cognisant of, and have both empathy and understanding of, the challenges facing our Local Government Shareholders.
- Deliver a Best in Class Pensions Administration Business
- Lead and embed a major change and transformation programme with new systems, processes and functionality in line with the agreed target operating model and financial parameters.
- To set the objectives and goals for the Pensions Administration Business which seek to deliver service excellence and value for money for partner funds.
- Lead and manage the Pensions Administration Business operational activities ensuring that the business plan is delivered effectively, the budget is managed efficiently, appropriate resources and services required are identified from within the wider business and delivered in a timely fashion and of the quality required.
Deliver Quality Assurance
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and strict adherence to a robust quality program across the Pensions Administration Business. Regularly reviews, through the Quality Assurance team and the Operation Leads, on standards, policies, and procedures for all aspects of the Pensions Administration Business. Has the ultimate responsibility for the quality of service provided and compliance with all regulatory and LPP standards.
- Receives and reviews all client feedback and complaints. Reviews complaint trends and service failure analysis; reviews corrective actions with appropriate team leads.
- Develop stretching Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and a supporting monitoring programme to ensure the provision of accurate and timely Management and Client Information to facilitate strategic decision making at all levels.
- Working with HR colleagues to develop an innovative recruitment approach which attracts the skills and resources required at all sites, with appropriate development opportunities to aid future capability and retention.
- Working with corporate colleagues, develop appropriate business continuity and disaster recovery plans to meet industry standards to ensure LPP’s core administration business service can be maintained at all times.
Deliver Successful Client & Contract Management
- Act as key liaison with clients to continually review SLA parameters and monitor performance.
- Annually negotiate and implement the cost model principles with maximum client engagement.
- To provide expert advice and guidance on matters of LG/Police/Fire Pension Schemes to all clients and corporate colleagues.
- Create and maintain strong networking groups with all stakeholders e.g. LPP Board, clients, shareholders, industry bodies and Government to ensure LPP is considered a strategic and influential partner within the pensions industry.
- Act as LPP representative at client fund Member Forums and Local Pensions Boards promoting the service and development thereof with maximum member engagement.
- Develop strong relationships with shareholders ensuring that the LPP vision for the business is shared, actively supported and it provides a strong platform for ongoing and future developments
Deliver Business Development
- Develop a strategic business plan and associated principles aligned to future growth with appropriate market research and benchmarking designed to promote LPP as the partner of choice in both the public sector and private sector pensions community.
- Develop product offerings to clients aligned to our areas of expertise and develop supporting marketing material.
- To attend conferences and seminars as appropriate acting as authorised spokesperson for the LPP on a range of matters including, but not limited to, public sector Pension Scheme Administration, pension fund consolidation, partnership and the range of Pensions Services LPP can offer.
- To provide timely reports, and personally attend, appropriate Board, Committee and Executive meetings as directed providing strategic and MI reporting in the area of pensions administration.
- Seek to continually benchmark the administration function including the review and development of modern high-quality service level agreements and cost modelling.
- Degree educated, with supporting Professional Pensions qualifications.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a Pensions Administration function supporting employees through change whilst ensuring business objectives are met.
- In addition to general pension industry knowledge, a strong appreciation of public sector pensions, in particular of the Local government Pension Scheme rules and provisions, is desirable.
- A good understanding of utilising modern IT solutions to assist transformation of the Pensions Administration business to provide excellent service and quality outcomes for our members.
- Knowledge of managing complex change within a customer orientated business environment, and the implementation of initiating and embedding continuous business improvement programmes including managing actual and virtual teams to deliver returns.
- Evidence of building productive working relationships with senior stakeholders/shareholders, clients, customers and a variety of partner organisations. Demonstrable effective interpersonal skills when dealing with clients, members, employers, employees and prospective clients.
- Good working knowledge of modern day commercial management practice including the application of information technology to enhance productivity with the ability to integrate appropriate methods into the LPP environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of the wider issues, implications and current challenges facing the pensions industry.
- Ability to provide visible and supportive leadership fostering a high performing organisational culture and coaching others to do the same.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to both understand and translate complex pensions issues to key stakeholders and employees