This is a superb opportunity for an experienced, senior pensions administrator. You will be responsible as the Pensions Supervisor overseeing the in house administration service and functions for the pension scheme of a major international house hold name.
Primarily you will assist the Pensions Administration Manager in ensuring that the day to day activities of the department are followed and that the efficiency of the department is maximised through supervision and training of staff alongside managing the recruitment and training of temporary staff required for project work. You will be key in implementing and managing process change within the department. You will be the first point of contact for departmental queries in respect of payroll, administration, systems and projects. This requires significant understanding and experience in all areas of the department. You will also ensure the Pensions Department continues to maintain service levels agreed with the Trustee and that the department is fully compliant with Plan Rules and legislation at all times bringing to the attention of the Pensions Administration Manager any issues of concern.
Key responsibilities include:
1. To ensure that departmental staff are trained and able to fulfil their duties in an efficient and timely manner. Identifying areas where additional training is required and implementing this. Where external training is required bringing this to the attention of the Pensions Administration Manager.
2. To prioritise the workload of the department to comply with the deadlines and targets set by the Pensions Administration Manager and to manage projects within the department ensuring the necessary resource is applied and that systems are in place to complete the projects. Where required to deal with telephone, personal and written enquiries in respect of employees, ex-employees, pensioners and other beneficiaries.
3. To check pension administrators’ work on a daily basis to ensure that Service Level Agreement deadlines are adhered to reporting back where necessary any issues to be addressed by the Pensions Administration Manager. Authorisation of calculations and cheque requests.
4. To ensure that the Systems Specialists make system changes that are accurate, meet the needs of the department and are compliant with Plan Rules and legislative requirements. Controlling system access of colleagues/other users.
5. To provide cover for the Payroll Specialist ensuring that more than one department member is able to run the pension payroll at all times.
6. Be aware of changes to the technical aspects of pensions including calculation methods, documentation and letters, current and historic Pension Plan booklets and Rules, HMRC requirements and pension legislation.
7. To manage the relationship with internal departments who provide services to the Pensions Department, e.g., Payroll, HR, and IT. Ensuring that the department receives information accurately and in a timely manner, resolving where necessary any issues that may arise.
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 10 years experience in the industry gained from either an in house or third party operation. You will be technically strong and up to date on all pensions legislation and current issues facing pension schemes. You will also have key IT skills, confident with the operation of pensions systems and software. You will be a strong team player and have exceptional organisational skills. You will also be a reliable and confident team leader, able to guide and inspire junior team members.
In return you will enjoy an excellent benefits package including a company car facility. The role is initially offered on a fixed term contract for 2 years.
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to email@example.com again quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.