Smart is looking for an Operations Controls Oversight Manager to ensure that the service and product proposition is fit for purpose. To act as the first line of defence, owning and ensuring the adequacy and effectiveness of the operations controls management framework, in line with its customers, risks and compliance obligations. This requires the coordination and monitoring of the activities to meet standards, drive compliance and good customer outcomes.
- Design and implement a framework that demonstrates robust control to deliver safe and appropriate customer outcomes through oversight of process and quality, business continuity, data security, resource management, risk and audit.
- Define and maintain policy and procedures in conjunction with operating staff and business goals.
- Responsible and accountable for directly assessing, controlling and mitigating operational risks relating to customer experience, business performance and compliance. Demonstrating that controls defined are appropriate and effective.
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business through coaching.
- Stakeholder management, engagement with and escalation into the business Governance function.
- Act as technical specialist, receive, investigate and respond to technical queries from customers, intermediaries and or colleagues across the business relating to operational compliance.
- Gather comprehensive information to support decision making and recommendation.
- Resolve issues using commercial and business awareness.
- Pensions knowledge is essential (qualification desirable)
- Technical capability and experience of managing and developing Financial Services Operational controls.
- Meticulous about meeting standards and customer expectations and committed to improving business performance.
- Professional and accountability, projects credibility.
- Senior stakeholder management.
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays.
- Auto enrolment Pension scheme. The company matches your contributions up to 5%.
- £500 personal training budget per year to spend on courses or conferences.
- Health Insurance (via Benenden).
- Access to Smart Rewards.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.