The Pensions Ombudsman is a free, independent organisation set up to help people that have any complaints/issues about pensions. We look at the facts without taking sides. We aim to constantly support one another to provide the best service we can for the people who need us most. What we do really makes a difference to people’s lives, particularly at a time when every penny counts when saving for the future.
We’re a small but growing team based in a brand-new office in Canary Wharf and we are looking for an Adjudicator to join our busy team.
The Adjudicator will be responsible for dealing with less complex cases, and ensuring that cases within their care are concluded within the most effective, timely and efficient manner. You will work on a variety of cases day-to-day, ensuring consistency between cases is maintained.
- Ensuring that cases in your care are brought to a conclusion in the most effective, timely and efficient manner, that is consistent with the needs of the parties concerned
- Identifying the key issues and gathering appropriate information to enable you to progress your cases
- Ensuring that the organisation’s processes and procedures are followed
- Delivering work that is of high quality, in-line with the organisation’s requirements
- Dealing with cases in line with the organisation’s Aims and Values and in line with your own agreed objectives
- Day-to-day management of your own caseload, including keeping the organisation’s casework management system updated at all times and using the system to generate correspondence
- Developing relationships, both internal and external, that will enhance your ability to deal with your cases appropriately
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the relevant legislation that governs the operation of the Pensions Ombudsman
- Demonstrate impartiality at all times when handling cases
- Be able to analyse large amounts of information and quickly identify key issues and relevant evidence
- Be able to make sound and well-reasoned decisions
- Be able to apply a range of solutions and techniques to ensure applications/investigations can be progress or concluded
- Be competent with IT and Microsoft Office. You will have the ability to learn to use case management systems/databases quickly
- Good interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, both in writing and on the telephone. Able to get the message across in a way that is accessible to the recipient.
- Able to remain calm and organised under pressure
- Work co-operatively with others in a team and share information to support best practice
- Contribute effectively to organisation-wide initiatives and be adaptable to change
- Able to work without direct supervision and use own initiative when necessary
What we offer you
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 2 ½ privilege days
- Flexi time – we offer really flexible working hours between 7am and 7pm
- The opportunity to work from home a couple of days week
If you want to make a real difference to people’s lives when they need support the most, then apply now! Click on the Apply link for more information.