Does your employer go beyond?
We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
The SIPP Practice Area provides administration and trusteeship services to self-invested personal pension arrangements for members, both advised and non-advised. We hold over 1000 commercial properties and are looking to grow in this area. Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its members and supporting advisers and to achieve this service we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic people who enjoy working in a close knit and friendly organization.
In order to better support and develop our expanding SIPP Property team, we are looking to recruit a Head of Property Administration. This is a great opportunity to combine your technical SIPP property skills and your staff management experience to help drive the business forward and develop the SIPP property proposition within the market.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to oversee the team to ensure that a high level of service is delivered at the most effective cost whilst ensuring regulatory and legislative requirements are met, and all clients treated fairly. As well as managing the property team (reviews, workflow, sickness/absence etc), the person will take a lead role in driving the property proposition forward to market.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being the subject matter expert on holding property within SIPPs
- Defining processes and providing guidance on the acquisition, management and disposal of commercial properties in SIPP arrangements
- Managing the insurance arrangements for the SIPP property portfolio
- Managing the collection of rent and other on-going property maangement areas
- Ensuring VAT registration and returns are correct
- Producing and preparing SIPP MI reports for the SIPP Board
- Assisting with the review of our commercial property offering and recommending improvements
- Staff/team management including reviews, workflow, holidays / absence etc
About the person
For this role we are looking for somebody with a really strong knowledge of the SIPP and SSAS marketplace and especially with the acquisition and management of property. You will already be an SME on holding properties within SIPPs. The other attributes we're looking for are:
- You will have a knowledge of both Scottish and English law relating to property as our SIPP property portfolio sits both sides of the Border.
- Barnett Waddingham seeks people who want to deliver a high quality service, who put the customer first and who go beyond the expected so you'll need to be able to demonstrate these qualities.
- As the role will involve interaction with lawyers, banks, surveyors, property managers and other property experts, you'll be a natural relationship-builder with really strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of VAT in relation to property ownership would be an advantage although this is not essential - relevant experience in a SIPP or SSAS role involving property is far more important to us.
Finally, in terms of your education, a law degree or similar qualification would be desirable. As a minimum, you'll have reached a good standard of education and as a minimum have A-Levels or Highers. A relevant professional qualification would be an advantage but isn't by any means essential.
What we offer
The opportunity to work for an award-winning organisation:
- Company Assessment specialist AKG, have awarded our SIPP business a ''B' rating for the second consecutive year, meaning our financial strength has been deemed "strong". This rating demonstrates our continued commitment and investment in our SIPP business and reflects our strong reputation as a quality provider of SIPPs.
- We have also been awarded a silver Investor in Customers (IIC) award for client relationship management in SIPPS and for our SSAS business as well.
- MoneyFacts 2018 5-star rating.
A highly competitive benefits package, which includes a discretionary annual bonus, a non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus the ability to buy or sell an additional 5 days, life assurance and private medical cover and a large selection of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, retail / travel discounts, gym membership, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme. Working with a growing firm who supports progression and personal professional development.