An exciting opportunity to join a team of professionals acting both individually and as part of a team in administering both Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit trust based pension schemes. This will involve sharing technical expertise and providing high quality administration support to meet both member and client needs.
Role and responsibilities covering, but not limited to:
- Ensure timely investment of DC contributions, regular analysis and reconciliation
- Processing renewals, including benefit statements, calculations and risk data and preparatory work for trustee reports and accounts
- Maintaining and monitoring scheme bank accounts
- Preparation work for pension payrolls and pension increases
- Any other administration tasks determined by the clients or manager
- Maintaining quality standards to meet best practice (ISO) and AAF
- Production of statistics for regular reports to trustees
- Supporting team members in meeting targets
- Involvement in designated projects relating to services, systems, processes or customer requirements
- Check manual calculations as required
- Develop client relationships and help identify where schemes and profitability could be improved
- To monitor the receipt of member contributions
Plus any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken in accordance with the role.
- Telephone work
- Data input into computer system
- Attendance at client administration meetings
- Liaison with consultants to ensure service standards are met
Key Skills and Experience:
- Existing DC/DB pensions knowledge of at least 5 years
- Good telephone manner and sound communication and verbal skills
- Literate in word and excel
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and cope with high volumes of work
- Essential to work as part of a team
- Ability to conduct manual calculations
- Self-motivated and capable of independent working.
- A thorough approach to testing the work they produce, with good attention to detail
- Be hard working and willing to, when required, go the extra mile to deliver on time.
- Friendly disposition
- Calm manner
- Ability to cope with stressful situations
- Takes pride in a professional appearance
- Customer focused.