The Co-op is changing. Fast. We’re rebuilding our business, and our pensions team has a huge role to play in our transformation. Now we’re looking to recruit a talented pensions professional to join us and help deliver a wide range of complex work as part of our diverse in-house team. If you can bring us the combination of expert technical knowledge and great people skills we’re looking for, we can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a pensions technical officer at the Co-op, we’ll look to you to make sure we provide a fair and inclusive pensions proposition for a huge range of colleagues. The scope is huge - we’ve got over 170,000 active and deferred members and pensioners, and circa £12bn of pension liabilities. It's a big job with lots to do. But it’s one that will give you a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and play a key part in delivering fundamental pensions projects.
What you’ll do:
- provide a technical advisory support to key internal partners and trustee board members
- help to implement the team’s 3 year pensions strategy
- prepare reports and data for quarterly trustee meetings
- support with preparing the agenda papers and taking minutes for quarterly meetings
- monitor scheme spend
- keep up to date with external updates and knowledge
- manage relationships with lots of people up to senior levels from across pensions, as well as trustees and scheme providers
To be successful, you’ll need experience of working in pensions along with a good understanding of UK pensions legislation and emerging trends. You’ll also need to be resilient and confident in presenting and communicating with senior leaders, holding your own and helping influence decision-making. Any technical pensions experience and the ability to manipulate large volumes of data would be a big advantage. And if you have what it takes to manage the complexity that comes with large scale change, you’ll thrive in our hands-on and collaborative team.
We’d love to speak to you if:
- you have previous pensions experience, ideally working with trustee boards
- you can bring excellent communication and presentation skills
- you’re highly organised and have great time management skills
- you’re able to build meaningful relationships with people at all levels
- you have knowledge of governance in DB and/or DC schemes
When you join the Co-op you’ll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a competitive salary, 28 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions. We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough.
We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve. We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances.