Our Client, a global leader in Pensions services and consultancy are opening a new Fund Accounting function in their Birmingham Office. They have a superb opportunity for a fund accounting specialist to join the team and support its growth an development. The Specialist is responsible for providing technical expertise or subject matter expertise (SME) to support the Accounts and Treasury teams and the overall Business Area by:
· Being the key contact for Accounting and Treasury teams with regards to SME/technical knowledge including legislation, industry best practice, processes, systems and the market.
· Being a key contributor within the Legislation Governance Group, defining and implementing SME/technical/legislative changes in Accounting and Treasury.
· Driving SME/technical/legislative change & ensuring changes are adopted and cascaded to the relevant colleagues and teams.
· Providing SME/technical expertise to ensure all client generated escalations, complaints and corrective Actions are proactively managed to closure within agreed deadlines.
· Using SME/technical knowledge to support the management of Clients: contributing to new client pitches, costing, transitions and ongoing operations.
The Successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
· Ideally part/fully qualified (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) or qualified by experience or equivalent
· Previous experience in an Accounting environment including experience of managing relationships.
· Proven experience of delivering large, complex projects across multiple locations and countries.
· Advanced level of knowledge of the relevant technical area, including legislation, market and best practice.
· Advanced level of knowledge of relevant systems and tools and how they operate in relation
· Proven experience of interpreting and translating changes in legislation and requirements into standards and best practice.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training,and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
If you are interested in finding more out about the role, please contact Susan Ford today on 0121 684 1555 quoting the reference number above. Alternatively, send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the above reference number and indicating your salary expectations.