The Pensions Team is an in-house team comprising of 20 people responsible for providing Secretariat services,technical, accounting and investment, pensioner payroll together with the day to day administration of the UK pension schemes.
The administration team provides daily quotations and settles benefits for around 3,200 active members, 17,100 pensioners and 14,500 deferred members. The assets are approx. £3.5bn and the Fund is closed to new entrants. New employees are offered a DC arrangement, a contract-based Group Personal Pension Plan with L&G.
- Carry out all cradle to grave benefit calculations in accordance with the rules of the Fund and legislative requirements to a high degree of accuracy utilising the administration system or other semi-automated calculation tools as required.
- Perform complex manual calculations where required to the same high degree of accuracy.
- Review other team members’ work as directed by the Administration Manager.
- Provide assistance with ad hoc project work as and when required.
- Deal with queries from members, payroll, HR and external stakeholders ensuring all outbound communications are professional, technically correct and simple to understand.
- Accountable for meeting of performance targets in respect of administration duties as agreed.
- Make any necessary adjustments to pensions in payments, as required by the rules of the Fund.
- Investigate and prepare cases requiring discretionary decisions by the Trustees or under delegated authority.
- Preferably educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- Progress towards Professional Pensions Qualification is preferred
- Sound technical knowledge/familiar with Pensions legislation
- Excellent communication skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work to deadlines and deal with variances in workload
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to deal with members at all levels
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Relevant DB and DC experience
- Fluent English, written and spoken
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.