Juliette Lister and Lisa Tremlett are currently assisting a TPA who are presently recruiting for a Pensions Calculations Analyst based in Redhill
Summary of Role
The role of Pension Calculation Analyst is likely to appeal to the technically minded pensions professional, adept at reading scheme rules and/or an advanced Excel user with general systems aptitude, you will have previous occupational pensions work experience either in an administration or systems position. Whilst no day is ever the same, a typical day in the role would see you interpreting pensions technical documentation and member data and interacting with our Pensions Administration teams as well as producing detailed calculation proforma and supporting test packs. .
Responsible for the production of calculation automation business requirements and software user acceptance testing.
The role requires the associate to:
- Interpret pension’s technical documentation and member data
- Interact with the external client facing self-service administration teams and the systems teams based in the UK and Manila
As a Pensions Calculation Analyst, you will work on many different schemes, often simultaneously, and on all types of calculations. A typical day might be the interpretation of scheme rules in line with current legislation, producing specifications based on this work and transposing the information into a requirements document. The next day might involve peer review of team members test packs or of the developer’s outputs in a test environment. Overall the role is changeable and ideal for a candidate who enjoys working with systems software and with a portfolio of schemes.
- Provide expert pensions legislative knowledge
- Work on a large portfolio of DB, DC and hybrid schemes
- Perform detailed technical analysis of Trust Deeds and Rules and other scheme documentation
- Produce detailed calculation proforma from first principles and supporting automation test packs
- Collaborate with the Lead System Consultant team during data migration to ensure consistency between the data and calculation project streams
- Interact with third parties such as the scheme actuary and solicitors to clarify complex queries
- Acceptance test calculation and supporting software
- Assist in due diligence exercises by analysing data quality, identifying data issues and proposing solutions
- Keep stake holders up to date, share concerns and propose solutions where appropriate
- Experience of dealing with DB and DC occupational pension schemes
- Detailed understanding of retirement, transfer and death calculations
- Full pensions legislative knowledge: both current and historic
- Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Computer literate, good IT skills particularly Excel
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
This is a Profile Search and Selection vacancy who are operating as an Employment Agency. In order to apply for this position candidates MUST have PENSIONS EXPERIENCE. Please note as we receive a high volume of applications we are only able to respond to those candidates who are shortlisted.