Pensions Operations Manager
EDF Energy has DB schemes that are open to new entrants and we want to make sure our employees truly understand and value their benefits. We’re recruiting for a Pensions Operations Manager to help us transform our end-to-end member experience for our c.30,000 members.
We’re currently undergoing a review of our third-party pensions administration arrangements and implementing a new and ambitious approach to TPA performance review. You will help us to review and implement new processes and drive automation and the right behaviours to optimise the member experience. You will also support the development and implementation of our employee engagement strategy, encompassing greater opportunities for personalised support and digital solutions.
As the Pensions Operations Manager you will manage the interface between EDF Energy and the pension administrator, negotiating and establishing realistic contract terms, and establishing and monitoring appropriate Service Level Agreements and continuous improvement by collaboration with the administrator. You will provide leadership to the EDF Energy Pensions Management team, including supporting and managing our Fund Secretaries to enable them to carry out their roles effectively and develop personally.
You will have excellent communication skills to provide first class customer service to pension scheme members and ensure the administration of the schemes is delivered in an efficient and effective manner to agreed performance standards.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A high level of technical expertise in respect of DB and DC pensions issues, preferably with a relevant professional qualification (FIA/APMI/ACII), together with a firm grasp of relevant legislation
- Experience of working at a senior level in an in-house DB plan environment and/or third party operational and/or a consulting role
- A well-developed network within the UK pensions industry and an extensive knowledge of current market practices and trends
- Excellent organisational and project management skills and the ability to successfully drive through and complete major changes and initiatives within agreed timescales and budgets
- The interpersonal skills and attributes necessary to achieve a high degree of credibility with the EDF Energy Pensions Management and Reward Teams, Trustees, Senior Management, Employees, Trade Union Officials and HR Colleagues
- The ability to manage relationships with external providers (administrators, actuaries, pension lawyers, investment consultants, auditors, consultants and similar third parties) in a constructive manner from which EDF Energy and the trustees secure value for money
- A high level of self-motivation and the confidence and tenacity to drive through changes and manage the resultant pressure
- The ability to lead and motivate a team, identifying development needs and opportunities and providing coaching and mentoring support to direct reports
- Excellent problem solving skills and initiative
- A thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SAP
- The ability to see things differently and innovate
*Application Closing Date Monday 2nd April 2018*