Juliette Lister and Lisa Tremlett are currently assisting a TPA who are presently recruiting for a Senior DB Pensions Consultant based in Glasgow or London. If London, you must be prepared to travel to Glasgow office.
Primary purpose of the role: To work as part of a team managing and advising a portfolio of corporate and trustee clients. The role requires a level of expertise in at least one area. Excellent pensions knowledge and client management skills are prerequisites.
- Pitches for new business by conducting competitive market reviews and presenting to clients
- Chairs strategy and client development meetings
- Leads and peer reviews advice on strategic or major issues that could result in substantial risk
- Responsible for the delivery of high risk/value client projects
- Develops and agrees strategic plans to implement new benefits, de-risking or major change programmes for clients
- Work as part of a team to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to support clients
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with all clients at key decision-maker level
- Undertakes all client and internal meetings on time and to a high standard of professionalism and creativity
- Ensure that client accounts are run in accordance with an appropriate corporate client agreement
- Works as part of a team ensuring effective communication between clients and the client servicing teams
- Maintains a client focus and concern for quality, which manifests itself in a high degree of client satisfaction and client/business retention.
- Represent at industry events and forums, undertaking speaking opportunities wherever relevant and possible
Industry specific knowledge and experience
Detailed level and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, pensions and FCA requirements
Complies with Professional CPD requirements, actively participates in internal and external knowledge sharing in these areas.
Analytical and problem solving skills
Able to investigate data, information or problems, and draw out the salient points and recommend a course of action.
Client relationship skills
Ability to foster strong relations with multiple points of contacts
Can manage expectations in terms of costs and timing of delivery.
Being seen as a trusted and respected advisor as demonstrated by client feedback.
Track record of client retention.