Our client, one of the most respected and leading UK pensions consultancies, have an opportunity for a senior level pensions administrator to join their team in their South Birmingham operation.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced administrator to grow their career within the pensions industry with this thriving and caring employer.
As part of a highly professional yet friendly team you will support your colleagues in the delivery of a quality pensions administration service to a portfolio of key clients.
Using your senior level pensions experience you will be involved on a day to day basis in some or all of the following:
· Manage a portfolio of clients
· Prepare manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
· Maintain the member database; prepare computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
· Communicate with clients, their members and advisers
· Carry out and check cash handling functions, liaising with the bank and investment managers as appropriate
· Process and check client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
· Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
· Prioritise workloads and carry out activities in line with agreed service levels
· Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
· Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with scheme rules, procedures and legislation
· Project based or committee work, as agreed from time to time
· Prepare annual benefit statements (NB not applicable for PPF schemes)
· Take responsibility for monitoring the completion of the annual report and accounts within agreed timescales
· Encourage the team to look for efficiency gains.
· Carry out activities in line with agreed service levels
· Attend client meetings and be prepared to present administration report
· Assist with promoting our administration services and systems to existing and potential clients
· Support effective team working and share knowledge to assist with the development of colleagues through coaching and training
· Demonstrate a clear understanding of how the PPF operates and the nature and type of compensation (specific for PPF Administration)
· Adhere to specific targets, carry out calculations and tasks involved in working on PPF schemes, and respond to the need for a rapid turnaround of work (specific for PPF Administration)
· Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
Qualifications and Experience
You will be expected to a have a minimum of 3 years pensions experience in the industry. Your skills will also include:
· Team player, who is able to work to tight deadlines
· Strong attention to detail and commitment to provide ongoing quality
· Strong Mathematical and English skills
· High level of competency with all Microsoft Office programmes in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. You will enjoy full support towards achieving professional pensions qualifications, following a probationary period and through a flexible benefits system, you will also have the freedom to choose additional benefits to suit your lifestyle and circumstance.
If you feel you have the skills necessary, please contact Susan Ford Recruitment on 0121-684 1555 today quoting the above reference or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com, quoting the above reference and we will contact you to discuss the role and the company further.