Pensions Technical Administrator
To work within a dynamic administration function servicing both internal and external clients. Initially, the successful candidate will provide support to existing senior associates with the production of test cases and testing of automated calculation solutions. Following on the job training, the successful candidate will be expected to translate technical documentation into benefit basis information and analyse data in conjunction with technical documentation. To ensure full system automation can be achieved and to work closely with Administration and Systems teams.
* Maintain and develop further knowledge of pension schemes
* Ability to design a benefits pro forma and provide full test packs
* Demonstrate commitment by ensuring that targets and deadlines are met
* Review Trust Deed and Rules and produce a summary of benefits for the systems team for automation
* Be able to produce detailed excel based calculation proforma from first principles using scheme documentation
* Produce test packs for automation, test and sign off calculations for DB and DC Schemes.
* Assist in due diligence exercises, analysing data quality, identifying data issues and proposing solutions
* Ensure that all delivery timelines are achieved
* Be a point of reference on technical issues both current and historic
* Assist in more complex/project work as required
* PMI qualification or progression with PMI qualification beneficial but not essential
* Extensive experience of dealing with both DB and DC occupational pension schemes
* High level of technical skills and up to date knowledge of current and historic legislative requirements
* Experience of working on projects an advantage
* Strong interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication
* Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload
* Able to work to a high level of accuracy
* Computer literate - experience of using Excel spreadsheets preferred
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills
* Strong administration experience and ability to follow processes
Please note that as part of our recruitment process, any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory background checks. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis.