The Public Service Pensions Board (PSPB) is a statutory authority established to administer the public sector pension plans in the Cayman Islands. These include: the Public Service Pensions Plan, the Parliamentary Pensions Plan and the Judicial Pensions Plan. Both Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution types of provisions are involved.
The overall purpose of this job is to manage all internal and external communications, as well as public relations events and activities, to ensure PSPB’s messages are consistent with the organization’s values and strategies.
Reporting directly to the Chief Pensions Officer, the key accountabilities are as follows:
- Leads the development and implementation of PSPB’s Key Performance Indicator based communications strategy and annual communications plan including social media to ensure alignment to the organizations’ values and business strategies.
- Leads the production of PSPB’s annual report to ensure there is consistent, accurate, and up-to-date information available to stakeholders.
- Organizes stakeholder engagement events and monitors stakeholder engagement levels based on agreed metrics to determine if additional outreach is required.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of relevant pension communications material to ensure consistency in messaging.
- Monitors pension communication market developments and applies these to PSPB, as appropriate, to promote continuous improvement in the quality and effectiveness of scheme communications.
- Writes press releases for local / national media, adapts press releases for Caribbean syndication, and develops relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Monitors press stories relating to pensions, savings, PSPB, and its brand to maximize opportunities for positive public relations and mitigate any negative public relations.
Qualifications and Experience (at a minimum):
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or public relations
- 2-4 years’ of experience in the Pensions Industry, preferably demonstrated in-house communication production experience and experience working with digital communications media and external suppliers
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of how the government works, how public service pensions are managed, and how PSPB is organized and works is desirable.
PSPB offers an attractive compensation package including pension and medical. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Please forward your Resume and three References that attests to your character and job-related activities.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 24 November 2017