Our client is a leading and award winning consultancy seeking an ambitious Associate DB Pension Consultant, to join their Scheme Management Division based in their London Head Office. The role offers outstanding career progression and support to enable you to become a leading consultant within the industry.
The successful candidate will be part of a very successful team delivering trustee secretarial support and consulting on governance and technical issues to our wide ranging portfolio of clients, focusing primarily on one of our largest multi-national clients.
Key duties will include:
- Arranging trustee meetings, organising papers, attending meetings to take minutes, producing action logs and monitoring progress.
- Formulating views and providing input to client advice.
- Ensuring all relevant compliance procedures are followed
- Proactively managing the completion and timely delivery of client work.
- Providing an effective level of business support for the team's portfolio of clients.
- Working alongside junior/senior colleagues and with a cross section of people from other businesses and organisations.
- Meeting business targets and billing deadlines.
Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate will be studying for or have completed the Advanced Diploma in Retirement Provision (APMI) from the Pensions Management Institute.
- Will be educated to degree level with a minimum 2:1 degree.
- (These qualifications are preferred but other relevant experience or qualifications may be considered).
- Good understanding of operation of UK trust based final salary schemes including regulatory requirements.
- Excellent planning and organisational ability in order to prioritise and complete work in accordance to deadlines.
- Good analytical skills and ability to work through tasks in a logical manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be prepared to work flexibly and travel to other locations within the UK.