One of the UK’s leading specialists in pensions and employee benefits are now recruiting for a Business Development Actuary to be based from any of the following locations with flexi home working – Leeds, Reading or London.
Utilising their pension scheme software, their actuaries work closely with trustees and plan sponsors to devise a funding plan suited to each scheme
About the Role
They are seeking highly motivated and commercial Actuaries who can drive forward business development in relation to their defined benefit services. There will be opportunities to get involved with existing clients with a role to ‘expand the relationship’ – however, a key role would be to generate new business. For example, you would be involved in pitching for new scheme actuary appointments and, in some cases, be put forward as the Scheme Actuary. In addition, you would be expected to develop and work a network of contacts to generate work and opportunities with supervision and support.
Individuals will have:
- A Scheme Actuary Certificate and should have held some scheme actuary appointments even if for small schemes / for a short period
- 6 – 10 years actuarial defined benefit experience overall
- Experience of business development / pitching
- good communication skills, analytical, research and creative problem-solving skills
They offer an attractive package, typical benefits include:
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, and Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan