Our client, a leading pensions and consulting partnership, are looking for an experienced pensions administrator to cover a 12 month maternity cover contract.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years experience in the industry but it is essential that you are versed in the basics of DB and DC pensions administration. You may be returning to the industry after extended leave. You will be proficient in the administration of DB and DC schemes and the role responsibilities will require you to:
· Provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client/members' needs and actively promote the firm’s Pension Administration practice.
· Own a portfolio of clients
· On a daily basis act as the main contact for an agreed list of clients, and maintains and develop client relationships, working within the target standards of performance.
· Communicate effectively with clients/members via the standard communication mechanisms, recording each call as they occur.
· Develop written communication to deal with highly complex/detailed queries and requests, ensuring that these are completed to defined quality and service standards.
· Gather and report client/member feedback, positive and negative to the Team Leader and proactively looks to address any concerns.
· Identify areas where the service to clients/members could be improved and communicate recommendations to the Team Leader.
· Assist with workflow management, including checking automated and non-automated calculations performed by team members and dealing with non-standard cases.
· Complete Defined Contribution processes in accordance with the TPA target service levels.
· Maintainsthe scheme cash books, reconcile bank statements and prepare the cash-flow forecasts.
· Collates information, finalises and presents / assists with the presentation of Administration Reports to clie
Skills / Experience required include
· Relevant experience of day-to-day pension administration of either Defined Benefit (DB) or Defined Contribution (DC) pensions schemes, or both.
· Experience in dealing with more complex, technical and complicated pension administration queries form members and clients.
· Experience in working with a pension administration or a related system(s).
· Previous experience in client care and some demonstrable experience in client relationship management.
· Recent knowledge of developments in Pensions Legislation and procedures that may affect the Third Party Administration practice.
· Understanding of industry Best Practice in pension administration.
· Knowledge of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension schemes.
· Ability to provide feedback to colleagues and team members, and able to identify and address development needs.
· Able or interested in providing Secretarial Support role to Trustees
· Awareness of service standards and statutory disclosure requirements.
· Knowledge of regulatory body procedures necessary for the role.
· Aware of technical developments affecting the administration of clients’ pension schemes.
In return you will be working with a friendly and professional team in a superb working environment with a flexible and collaborative management team. You will enjoy an above average salary and enjoy all the benefits (excluding profit share) of a permanent employee.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and would like to discuss the role in confidence, please call on 0121-684 1555 quoting the above reference or send your CV to email@example.com indicating your salary expectations.