Our data services span a range of clients with different UK pension administration systems and our solutions are either delivered within the team or across several areas of the Willis Towers Watson business including the actuarial client teams and administration teams.
We have an increasing demand for qualified actuaries who have a deep technical understanding of the legacy Defined Benefit pension environment and its impact on pension scheme data.
We want confident Defined Benefit pensions specialists with technical expertise and a close eye for detail to help us design, specify, develop, implement, test and sign-off innovative solutions and deliverables for a wide range of clients and purchasers.
The candidate will take on a lead technical project role and work closely with other members in a diverse project team.
From a business perspective they will be expected to balance technical expertise with a pragmatic commercial approach to all elements of the work and help promote best practices and new ideas within the Data Solutions team on a written or verbal basis. They will be expected to help the business maintain profitability and quality throughout the project life cycle and be self-motivated to meet hard deadlines on multiple client projects within a fast moving environment. This will involve working closely with our dedicated project managers and client facing consultants.
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels.
- Takes an active interest in the development of more junior staff, sharing in detail the completion of routine tasks.
- Deliver on projects to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Increase efficiency within client teams by identifying ways to improve processes.
- Ensure high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction is achieved on project delivery areas. Measured through Willis Towers Watson's Professional Excellence (PE) audits, client feedback and project close down feedback.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the UK legislative environment, particularly in relation to the governance of different types of pension arrangements and the prevailing tax regime.
- Seek and participate in key learning and development opportunities.
- Prepare high quality first drafts of client deliverables for review by the lead consultant.
- Obtain a rating of 95% plus in all PE audits completed on Data Solutions projects. Measured through PE and project office audits.
- Support the Risk Solutions continuous improvement programme with demonstrable contributions towards efficiency, product development and project implementation. Improvement documented through the year at regular review sessions with the Data Solutions Manager.
- Ensure all Data Solutions projects are delivered using Risk Solutions protocols and Prince 2 methodology on time and within budget. Measured through PE audits, project office audits and client team feedback.
- Support meeting Data Solutions revenue goals and profitability targets.
- Delivery of projects within agreed budgets and minimised write off evidenced through file review.
- Meet chargeable hours targets.
- FIA qualified (or equivalent) is essential.
- Practical experience and expertise delivering retirement consulting and/or project based services to FTSE 100 or companies of similar size is ideal.
- An excellent track record in delivering core retirement project work as well as the ability to contribute to cross-practice client engagements.
- A good working knowledge of data auditing, evaluation, construction, rectification and other areas of cleansing is preferable.
- Comfortable fulfilling a number of technical expert roles in the areas of designing, specifying, developing, implementing, testing, trouble-shooting and signing-off solutions and deliverables for clients.
- A deep understanding of UK DB pensions and contracting-out legislation spanning the period from 1978 to current date is essential.
- Practical experience of manual benefit calculations and processes.
- Have an eye for detail, while being able to keep sight of the bigger picture.
- Advanced knowledge of UK Pension Scheme provisions.
- Inquisitive, self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity.
- Proven experience in successfully managing involvement in multiple projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Strong sense of personal accountability.
- Be able to thrives in a fast-paced, and sometimes unpredictable, working environment.
- Ambitious and achievement oriented.
- A firm commitment to Professional Excellence and delivering a high quality service.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a client team.
- A strong personal presence with good oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Strong analytical and creative skills.
- Proven delegation skills and a natural desire to coach and mentor junior associates.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
The Willis Towers Watson Risk Solutions (RS) team works across multiple disciplines, various lines of business and with third-parties to deliver a variety of projects. One key strand of the Risk Solutions business is Data Solutions which supports clients in the strategic planning and implementation of data management programmes that support wider business objectives.