The successful candidate will demonstrate the required attributes to act as a technical data consultant and engage with internal and external audiences to deliver high quality Data Solutions services. Over time the role will become more client facing so an aptitude for communicating technically complex issues to a broad audience is required. The candidate will be a strong communicator who can demonstrate organisational skills and core project management behaviours to complement their technical expertise. Some experience in pension correction and rectification exercises would be advantageous as well as more advanced data auditing and cleansing all elements of Pension data. You will work closely with the Data Solutions management and technical leads as well as the wider Risk Solutions team and the Retirement practice. You will be responsible for delivering quality Data Solutions services for our clients. You will play a leading role in a range of technical projects and take responsibility for successful delivery and implementation of the work.
- Take on the responsibilities of a client manager as required, working directly with our customers to understand their business requirements and the data solutions required to meet these objectives.
- Engage collaboratively with the Data Solutions leads and team members to deliver quality services for existing clients.
- Prepare detailed action plans and strategies that meet the client's key requirements.
- Help improve processes and deliverables for existing Data Solutions service lines
- Develop the required skills and experience to become a technical lead and subject matter expert as required
- Have regular and effective contact with administrators of all levels, suppliers, third party organisations and clients
Performance Objectives: People
- Strong and effective communication skills when dealing with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Share technical knowledge among other team members to improve the teams understanding of all service offerings
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction is achieved on project delivery areas. Measured through Towers Watson's Professional Excellence (PE) audits, client feedback and project close down feedback
- Identify and pursue opportunities to support clients with wider propositions and develop deeper relationships. Measured through cross sell opportunities and file audit
- Become a recognised subject matter expert in a range of service offerings to maximise client engagement during meetings and projects
- Rating of 95% plus in all PE audits completed on Data Solutions projects. Measured through PE and project office audits
- Support the Risk Solutions continuous improvement programme with demonstrable contributions towards efficiency, product development and project implementation. Improvement documented through the year at regular review sessions with the Data Solutions Manager
- Ensure all Data Solutions projects are delivered using Risk Solutions protocols and Prince 2 methodology on time and within budget. Measured through PE audits, project office audits as well as PM and client team feedback.
- Deliver against personal revenue targets as agreed through the annual goal setting process
- Delivery of projects within agreed budgets and minimised write off (max of 5% of scoped budget) evidenced through file review. Timesheets to be completed and submitted by month end (or earlier where agreed client/project protocols dictate) to a minimum of 95% success rate.
- Experience in developing close working relationships with clients and external third parties, or suppliers
- A proven track record in managing multiple projects or developing client opportunities simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge and experience of UK DB Pension arrangements and an excellent grasp of all relevant historical legislation
- A good working knowledge of the role of the pensions administrator with a good understanding of manual benefit calculations and processes
- A clear, concise and confident communicator of complex or technical issues relating to UK pensions and member data
- Experience in data auditing, data cleanse and construction, and GMP reconciliations would be an advantage.
- Comfortable with data and pension services and products that require technology and software
- A firm commitment to Professional Excellence and delivering high quality service.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.