We have a superb in house opportunity for an experienced, senior pensions administrator. Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years experience in the industry with up to date knowledge in both DB and DC scheme administration and management. Preferably your experience will include in house scheme management/administration. You will have experience of dealing with Trustee boards and their advisers and also have knowledge of HMRC regulation and legislation for example LTA and AA limits and taxation of Pensions.
You will be a confident, outgoing candidate with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Given the small size of the team, it is key that you are happy working independently, using your own initiative.
You will have up to date knowledge of all pensions legislation and ideally be PMI qualified or progressing with profesional pensions examinations.
On a day to day basis you will assist in the running of this small pensions department and your role will involve some or all of the following:
· Assist and support the administration of the Pension Schemes, final salary (DB), DC scheme, auto enrolment and stakeholder scheme.
· Supporting the Personnel and Payroll departments within the Group
· Deputise in the Group Pensions Manager’s absence
· Maintain the relationship with third party administrator and professional advisors
· Assist the Group Pensions Manager with any project work in progress for example MNT process, Deed consolidation work and investment changes, auto enrolment etc.
· Manage monthly meeting calls with TPA for final salary scheme including resolving complex cases. This includes monitoring SLA’s and making sure projects and casework are completed to deadlines.
· Preparing member communications
· Investigate and answer member queries
· Ensuring compliance and keeping up to date with legislation
· Working with HMRC limits within Annual and Lifetime Allowance
· Monitor DC Payment Schedule for weekly and monthly contributions.
· Record and monitor contributions Schedules for Final Salary Scheme.
· Take Trustee minutes as and when required.
· Finalise Trustee discretions ready for Trustees to sign off.
· Manage death cases for Active, Preserved and Pensioner members as they happen. Including dealing with relevant TPA’s and broker for DB and DC Schemes.
· Arrange and Pension Surgery’s across the Group
· Manual calculation of benefits for members as and when required for example retirement quotes.
· Update filing system.
· Monthly update of investment spreadsheet for DB Scheme and distribute to Trustees.
· Assist in the renewal process
· Assist in the preparation of scheme accounts
· Assist with Scheme return to the pension’s regulator.
· Improve and recommend changes to processes to the Group Pensions Manager.
· Archiving correspondence and filing
In return you will enjoy an above average salary and benefits package and working in new offices with a superb working environment.
If you are interested in the role, please contact us today for more information quoting the job reference or send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org