We are seeking a highly organised and flexible full-time Pensions Administrator.
The West Midlands Pension Fund is a local authority Pension Fund based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. The Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension funds, managing and administering the pension interest of our members and scheme employers. We currently have over 280,000 scheme members, 500 employers with £12.5bln of assets under management.
The position is based in the Business Performance and Data team and the Payroll team where all activity is managed against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
The position includes responsibility for:-
- Creating and authorising new member records based on information received from employers.
- Analysis and rectification of potential and erroneous data to ensure the Fund maintains a high standard of data quality.
- Processing and validating all amendments to a member’s record that result from changes in employment and personal circumstances.
- Support in identifying and driving forward efficiencies across the pension administration service.
- Providing a comprehensive and responsive service to employers in regards to data queries and outstanding data
- Monitor and support on the reporting of performance for both the Fund and employers and work with key stakeholders to ensure any rectification undertaken where required.
- Creating and authoring Payroll member records based on information received from members and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Reviewing and authorising the monthly payment entitlements for pensioner/beneficiary members.
- Responding to all enquiries in a positive and professional manner and processing them in accordance with the Funds procedures.
- Dealing with sensitive issues relating to the Fund’s customers whether face to face, by telephone, electronically or through correspondence.
In return we offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that include a career average pension scheme.