Fancy being part of something big?
The West Midlands Pensions Fund works with over 500 employers across the region to deliver information and benefits to over 290,000 members.
Working at the Fund, a substantial regional fund within the Local Government Pensions Scheme, one of the largest defined benefit pension schemes in the world, employees have a wealth of opportunities to develop and shape service delivery. Be part of a team striving for top performance and evolving to meet the challenges of scale and increasing complexity whilst continuing to deliver value to our members and stakeholders
Whether you like analysing data, project work or day to day delivery to a large customer base, we have a role for you. We are currently recruiting to a number of posts within our Pension Administration function and are seeking talented candidates to support and drive service delivery. Pensions experience useful but not essential – candidates should, however, be comfortable working with numbers, be able to analyse and challenge information and data and have strong communication skills.
With PMI study support, training programme and a generous defined benefit pension arrangement, the Fund provides the ideal opportunity to invest in your future
We are seeking highly organised and flexible Pensions Assistant.
The position is based in the Business Performance and Data team where all activity is managed against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
The position includes responsibility for:-
- Creating new member, pensioner & beneficiary records based on information received from employers.
- Processing amendments to member, pensioner and beneficiary record that result from changes in employment and personal circumstances.
- Calculating adjustments to member, pensioner, and beneficiary benefits and entitlements.
- Support in the data analysis of member records to assist in ensuring the achievement of data quality standards
- Dealing with a range of correspondence, telephone queries from employers.
- Responding to all enquiries in a positive and professional manner and processing them in accordance with the Funds procedures.
- Dealing with sensitive issues relating to the Fund’s customers whether face to face, by telephone, electronically or through correspondence.
The ideal candidate will be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) and ideally working towards a pension qualification i.e PMI or CIPP or have knowledge of pension regulations. They must have significant data and processing experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to work to strict deadlines. They will be committed to providing an excellent service to the Fund and our members.