Juliette Lister and Lisa Tremlett are currently assisting a TPA who are presently recruiting for Pensions Administrators and Senior Pensions Administrators.
Each team is managed by a team leader and work is carried out in accordance with the Pension Administration Department’s control environment procedures which are in place to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the services for clients.
• Manage a portfolio of clients
• Prepare manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
• Maintain the database; prepare generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
• Communicate with clients, their employees and former employees and advisers
• Carry out and check cash handling and accounting functions to client pension and related arrangements, liaising with bank and investment managers as appropriate
• Process and check client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
• Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
• Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
• Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures and legislation, as agreed
• Project based or committee work, as agreed from time to time
• Prepare annual benefit statements (NB not applicable for PPF schemes)
• Prepare annual accounts
• Encourage the team to look for efficiency gains.
• Carry out activities in line with agreed service levels
GCSE Maths and English at grade C and above are essential. CPA or progress with other relevant PMI qualifications would be an advantage. A willingness to make progress towards a professional qualification would be a benefit; however proven experience in the role is more desirable than other academic achievement.
Relevant Financial Services experience or a background in DC or DB pension administration would be a requirement. Payroll and accounts experience would also be beneficial in particular roles.
A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
If you are also aware of any friends or colleagues currently working within Pensions who are looking for a change within their career, please pass on our contact details and we will endeavour to assist with their search.
Profile Search and Selection are a specialist Pensions and Financial Services recruitment agency with opportunities nationwide - Please feel free to contact us direct should you wish to discuss any further vacancies