With over 1400 people across 9 offices, we are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. We act for a wide range of clients, large and small, in both the private and public sectors including 15% of FTSE 350 firms with a defined benefit pension scheme. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality. We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop; and we strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham practice areas.
We are looking to recruit a number of Pension Administrators to join our Amersham team over the next few months due to planned growth so it is an exciting time to join our firm. We currently have around 80 pensions specialists within this office so you would be joining an experienced team.
Pension administrators are responsible for the day-to-day administration of pension schemes and make sure that new and existing customers' policies are accurately maintained and serviced. Whether you have pension administration experience already or are looking to move in to it, we have a structured training programme where you will be supported in your learning. If you don't already have pension administration experience then it is likely you will have some financial services or professional services office experience.
This is a permanent position and will be worked under our SmartWorking framework where you will share your time between the office and home (2 - 3 days per week). This role will ideally be located at our Amersham office with hybrid home-working, however we will also consider other locations (Guildford, London, etc) if the candidate is willing to travel. We would also consider part-time applications from candidates wishing to work 4 days per week.
- Prepare computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Maintain the member database
- Communicate with clients, their members and advisers
- Carry out cash handling functions for client pension and related arrangements, liaising with bank and
- investment managers as appropriate
- Process client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices
- and preparation of year end returns
- Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
- Read and understand documentation relating to each scheme
- Prepare manual calculations to develop an understanding of pensions
- Carry out member activities in line with agreed service levels
- Assist with project based work, as agreed
As you will be dealing with members and clients, you will need to have strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
You will also have attention to detail to make sure member details are accurate.
You will ideally have a minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English at grade 5 / C or higher or equivalent, or be able to demonstrate a good standard with a pre-employment test
A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is also essential.