More than half the UK working population rely on The Pensions Regulator (TPR) to regulate their retirement savings. With a career at TPR, you’ll be joining an organisation that will impact on millions of lives for decades to come.
Everyone at TPR plays an important role in helping to keep more than £2trn of savings safe. We’re committed to bringing people into TPR who are ready to make a difference and put UK savers at the heart of what we do.
It is important to us that TPR remains a great place to work. We do all we can to help our people reach their full potential with learning, secondment, and development opportunities. We put our 900+ employees first, supporting flexible working and offer a diverse, lively, and inclusive environment. This includes our Disability Network, Family Network, LGBT+ Network (Proud), Minority Ethnic (ME) Network and Women’s Network, which offer spaces to connect.
Our new corporate strategy outlines a bold and challenging vision of how pensions regulation should evolve to keep pace with a change in the scale and nature of the industry. We are at the start of that journey. Join us to find out what part you can play.
We are still working remotely and are transitioning to a hybrid working model by April 2022, subject to government guidelines, where regular attendance in our Brighton office will be required.
Pensions dashboards will let savers see all of their pension savings in one place and support them in planning for retirement.
We are looking for someone to join our industry engagement team to support industry in making the changes needed to enable dashboards to work. This role will support a three-year project and will be subject to review following the closure.
Several thousand pension schemes will need to prepare for these new duties, supported by hundreds of administrators and a number of administration software providers. TPR will take a proactive role in educating and engaging with industry.
You will be part of a team delivering industry engagement; driving awareness and action in our regulated community and wider industry, in order to maximise compliance with duties when they come in.
You will work with our external delivery partners – the Pensions Dashboards Programme at the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS} and the the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to ensure engagement is coordinated and efficient.
You will work with internal and external parties to identify risks and opportunities for change, adapting and improving TPR’s approach in order to support our audiences.
- Build, develop and maintain effective relationships with schemes, administrators, admin software providers, integrated service providers, industry bodies, expert / advisory groups, and organisations across the pensions industry in order to:
- understand and influence the approach they are taking to deliver dashboards compliance
- identify systemic issues facing the industry as a whole or in part, and facilitate industry, TPR and Pensions Dashboards Programme in developing relevant solutions
- assess the readiness of the major players in these industries and provide active support to them
- provide relevant management information and intelligence on risks back to the business and delivery partners as appropriate
- Proactively manage engagement, initially focusing on those due to stage first, and / or where the risk is highest.
- Working with Industry Outreach Officer, prioritise / schedule face to face, audio / web conference meetings, and public speaking events. Be a trusted voice of TPR to the pensions industry, attending / speaking at appropriate industry events to improve levels of understanding of the legislation and TPR’s guidance.
- Work with TPR's supervision teams to coordinate and manage relationships with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Align and coordinate engagement with the Pensions Dashboard Programme at MaPS and FCA to maximise consistency and minimise burden on industry.
- Working with wider teams (ie operational design, communications, supervision, policy, legal), manage / coordinate a knowledge hub to gather and collate industry insights to inform content / guidance and develop relevant LTT.
- Identify and develop relevant and targeted communications content for industry bodies and scheme enablers to distribute in their own channels.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Demonstrable experience of delivering complex and comprehensive stakeholder engagement in order to drive behavioural change and a proven track record of building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a cross-functional team or cross-organisational project.
- B2B communications experience – including private sector and / or government to private sector.
- Excellent communication skills and a confident speaker (used to presenting at senior level, and at industry events).
- Campaign / data management (knowledge of Dynamics 365 an advantage).
- Proactive and flexible.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, and use initiative.
- Negotiating and communication skills at all levels.
- Personable with the ability to build effective working relationships and a team player.
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary between £39,390 and £52,289, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme