This is a superb opportunity for an experienced, pensions administrator, to become this part of a small in-house DB administration team in the role of Senior Pensions Administrator. Primarily you will be responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate administration services for the Company’s pension arrangements.
You will be involved with the provision of full life-cycle administration services for members, dependants and clients in line with the service level agreements, Trust Deeds and Rules, legislation and procedures within the regulatory framework.
Your key responsibilities include:
- To prioritise workload to comply with the deadlines and targets set by the Pensions Manager.
- To check pension administrators’ work on a daily basis to ensure that Service Level Agreement deadlines are adhered to reporting back where necessary any issues to the Pensions Team Leader / Administration Manager.
- Accurate and timely processing of calculations and payment requests.
- To work with the Pensions Team Leader, Administration Manager, Project Manager, and third party systems partners to make system changes that are accurate, meet the needs of the department and are compliant with Plan Rules and legislative requirements.
- Be aware of changes to the technical aspects of pensions including calculation methods, documentation and letters, current and historic Pension Plan booklets and Rules, HMRC requirements and pension legislation.
- To build and maintain relationships with internal departments who provide services to the Pensions Department, e.g. Payroll, HR, and IT. Ensuring that the department receives information accurately and in a timely manner, resolving where necessary any issues that may arise.
- To prioritise the workload of the department to comply with the deadlines and targets set by the Pensions Administration Manager and to manage projects within the department ensuring the necessary resource is applied and that systems are in place to complete the projects.
- To check pension administrators’ work on a daily basis to ensure that Service Level Agreement deadlines are adhered to reporting back where necessary any issues to be addressed by the Pensions Administration Manager. Authorisation of calculations and cheque requests.
- Provide training and support to junior or new members of the team
- Share technical knowledge with less experienced colleagues
- To act as a first point of contact for members, mitigating escalations and preventing complaints from members, beneficiaries and advisers where possible
It is expected that all applicants will have the following skills and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience of DB Pension Administration is essential, the role entails cradle to grave pensions experience and an element of peer review work.
- Experience of current pensions legislation and framework, especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which affect pensions administration.
- Studied for a relevant professional qualification (DPMI, APMI or equivalent) is desirable
- Technical Skills and Personal characteristics:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and complaint handling skills.
- Professional and clear communicator with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Possess good diagnostic, analytical and process skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems such as Word, Excel and pensions administration systems.
As well as enjoying a salary above the industry norm for this role additional benefits include:
- 26 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Operate up to two Employee Car Scheme (ECS) vehicles
- Membership of a Group Pension Plan, employer contributions of 10%
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Income protection policy
- Members of a Group pension plan are also covered by Life Insurance – ten times basic salary
- Flexible working
- Full remote working, however there is a requirement to visit the Head Office in the Midlands from time to time
If you feel you have the skills our client are looking for, please contact us today on 0121 684 1555 for a confidential discussion about the role and the company. Alternatively, please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference and indicating your salary expectations.