Post Title: Pension Education
Specialist Business Unit: Sales
Responsible to: Client Presentation Manager
Accountable to: Client Presentation Manager
Salary: £30,000 per annum plus 10% bonus and Commission (OTE £43,000)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
AVC Wise were founded in 2018 by public sector tax experts, PSTAX. AVC Wise provide a service to organisations with employees that are members of the Local Government Pension Scheme. This service makes the set up and ongoing management of a retirement related employee benefit easy and hassle free for employers. By launching this employee benefit, organisations save money whilst giving their employees a cost-efficient way of topping up their retirement savings.
AVC Wise is seeking to employ an experienced, committed, and enthusiastic presenter to join our friendly team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing and innovative business. The position is home based with occasional travel for team meetings. Full support for working from home will be provided including provision of equipment and an allowance for the working environment.
- To host presentations via online Webinar to groups of staff to promote the LGPS and Shared Cost AVCs
- To conduct individual meeting sessions with employees to promote the LGPS and Shared Cost AVCs
- To be an acknowledged expert for Shared Cost AVCs and the LGPS and provide guidance to employees
- To be an additional point of contact where enquiries from employees cannot be answered by the Customer Service Team
Principal duties to include:
- Understand and articulate the value of the company’s products to employees who are members of the LGPS.
- Working with the Marketing Team, attending webinars with employees to present the company’s products and facilitate applications for Shared Cost AVCs.
- Working with the Customer Service Team to resolve employee enquiries that cannot be answered at the first point of contact
- Provide training and support to the Customer Service Team to increase knowledge of Shared Cost AVCs.
- Provide added capacity and backfill to the Customer Service Team answering employee enquiries to cover peaks in demand and holidays
- Gathering evidence for testimonials and case studies to promote the company’s products to potential customers.
- Create reports on effectiveness of webinars and identify improvements to messages being provided.
- Record activity on AVC Wise systems including the CRM, Customer Service system and AVC Wise platform.
- Be a point of escalation for the Sales wider Team for queries on existing key accounts and liaise with the customer to resolve issues.
- Attend and arrange promotional events and roadshows to promote registrations and product awareness at customers offices and trade shows.
- Take responsibility for own continuing professional development and keep up to date by reading relevant journals, attending networking meetings and relevant courses so that state of the art thinking can be utilised within the company proposition.
- Be a credible ambassador for the company at all meetings with external organisations so that the Company’s reputation is maintained and best interests served.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the role as business needs require.
This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake such other duties from time to time as are consistent with the responsibility of the grade.
This job description is subject to review and development from time to time in liaison with the post holder. As an employee of the company you will be required to adhere to all the organisations policies and procedures.
Communication – Professional and clear communication skills coupled with the demonstrated ability to network and build strong business relationships. Articulate and tactful both on the phone and face to face with effective writing skills.
Sales Competency – Identify customer needs, sell the virtues of our products and identify new products to address customer and market requirements. Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation, appointment setting and closing business.
Organisation - Self-motivated and ability to prioritize busy workload in a fast paced environment. Good team player with a willingness to collaborate to achieve solutions. Systems - MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook, ZoHo CRM, SharePoint.
- 3 Years experience in Financial Services OR Local Government Pension Scheme experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial products
- Customer facing experience related to communicating financial products
- Track record of converting individuals to take up financial products
- Being able to explain difficult concepts to the general population
- Presenting to large audiences either online and in person
- Managing a relationship with a customer representative
- Knowledge of AVCs attached to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Customer facing experience related to AVCs
- Track record of converting individuals to take up AVCs
- Previous working experience in a LGPS AVC Provider or LGPS Pension Fund Qualifications A Level standard or equivalent experience