Our client, an international leading provider of healthcare and education services have a superb opportunity for an experienced senior level pensions administrator to join their team as a Pensions Officer.
In this role you will have responsibility for the management, compliance and day to day administration of the company pension schemes of all types. Your key focus will be to manage and respond to all employee enquiries and complaints accurately and in a caring, confident and timely manner. As part of this you be expected to work directly with pension scheme providers and other third party organisations.
On a day to day basis your role will include:
- Assisting with creating and uploading the monthly schedules for multiple DB and DC pension schemes including day to day administration of all company pension schemes
- Identifying potential errors in data, ensuring we remain compliant in line with pension regulations and specific scheme requirements
- Reconciling monthly contribution files against payroll reports
- Dealing with complex pension queries and any complaints including rectification work
- Liaising with third party pension providers developing and maintaining a strong working relationship, ensuring the company gets the best value
- Updating employee / scheme data in relevant systems and maintain accurate records
- Contributing to the administration of the company’s pension schemes in accordance with governing documentation, statutory regulation and industry codes of practice
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for the Pensions & Benefits team
- Supporting the team with general pension administration work as necessary
- Support the Senior Pensions & Benefits Officer with any ad-hoc project work as requested
- Management of policy documents and associated forms including integration of policies including for acquisitions
- Assist with consolidation of legacy pension schemes and introducing new schemes, in line with legal and statutory obligations
- Contributing to process improvements at all levels to increase the efficiency and quality of all aspects of the Pensions & Benefits function
- Keeping up to date with current statutory regulations and monitor changes in the legal situation for pension providers and developments in the provision of pensions
- Supporting with communication strategies to promote the benefits of pension schemes and any legislative changes
- Monitoring pension scheme deficits and prepare relevant reports including proposals to rectify
Candidates will need to be experienced pensions administrators with a minimum of 4 years experience in the pensions industry and in addition ideally have the following skills & experience:
- Experience of NEST, Standard Life, Aviva, DB schemes, Teachers Pensions and LGPS
- Strong administrative and time management skills
- Ideally suited to an individual with experience working in an in-house pensions team or from a pension provider background
- Proficient with the use of pensions and benefits IT software and the employer portals operated by pensions providers
- A high level of numeracy and IT literacy
- Strong working knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution pension scheme regulation/requirements
- A recognised professional pension qualification would be beneficial to the role (either completed or working towards)
- Strong PC skills with you a good knowledge of EXCEL for large data manipulation including data sorting, vlookup and pivot tables.
- Highly organised individual with meticulous attention to detail, methodical and thorough approach to work
- Understands the importance of team work and actively focuses on being an effective team player
A highly competitive salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidate.
If you feel you have skills and experience that our client is seeking and are interested in this opportunity, please contact us today on 0121-684 1555 to discuss the role in confidence or e mail your CV, quoting the reference number of the role, indicating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org