Our client, a leading independent provider of pensions services, have a superb opportunity for an experienced pensions administrator to join their Systems team as an Application Consultant. This would be an ideal role for someone looking at transitioning into an IT focused role.
Reporting to the Application Support Manager, you’ll be working as part of a small but dynamic team that provides support across the company in the development and maintenance of system applications. You’ll utilise your analytical skills in decoding and manipulating data and use your skills in designing solutions to support the administration teams in delivering first-class support. This would include debugging, improving functionality, producing reports, statistical analysis and whatever else might be required to improve overall quality. No two days are the same and this role would suit you if you thrive working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys facing new challenges.
• Work with other members of the team to manage the incoming post in the Systems Mailbox;
• Undertake any tasks or projects that are necessary to achieve team and company objectives;
• Manipulate and load new client data on to our administration systems (primarily using Excel);
• Produce reports and analysis on member data, such as gap analysis, membership movements etc.
• Extract key messages from complex data analysis and communicate these effectively;
• Develop new or existing solutions where there is a strong business case;
• Deliver solutions that meets the needs of users and / or the business;
• Work with external contractors to implement new applications or new modules within existing applications;
• Contribute towards the testing of updates, changes, bug fixes, new processes and new development releases;
• Provide technical support and guidance on applications for end-point users;
Successful candidates for this role will have at least 2 years defined benefit pension scheme experience together with the following:
• educated to degree level or have relevant equivalent experience
• Extensive working knowledge of Windows and MS Office applications
• Advanced Excel skills (i.e. complex formulas) and experience of writing, debugging complex macros in VBA
• Experience of coding using more than one recognised industry standard language
• Knowledge of pensions systems, with Profund products being particularly beneficial
• An understanding of relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server
• Excellent data manipulation and interpretation skills using Excel
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail combined with the ability to extract key messages from complex analysis
• Ability to analyse and interpret information, pre-empt and evaluate issues, and recommend appropriate course of action to address the issues
• Ability to envision and deliver solutions that meet user needs and / or solve business problems
• Ability to articulate and gain engagement for ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Good problem-solving skills and be proactive in researching solutions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and benefits package. If you feel you have the skills and experience our client is looking for, please contact us today on 0121- 684 1555 quoting the above role and reference number to discuss the role and client company in greater detail. Alternatively, please send your CV to email@example.com, quoting the above reference and indicating your salary expectations.