Job title - Specialist Advisor - Pensions
Job reference - REQ008600
Application closing date - 01/08/2021
Faculty / School or Service - People Team (formerly Human Resources)
Salary - £23,761 - £30,058 per annum
We are one of the largest employers in Coventry and we offer our people a place to belong and an organisation to be proud of. We know you have a life and obligations outside of the workplace so we do our best to help strike that balance and we will support your needs where we can because we know that’s how we get the very best out of you.
We are looking for a Specialist Pensions Advisor to join our small pensions team providing an administrative service for the universities pension schemes. The role will report into the Assistant Pension Manager.
We are looking for a customer focused individual with strong administrative skills. You will have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel (including look ups) and the ability to hold conversations with customers on the phone, face to face, or email to understand what support they require and what appropriate action will be taken. You will have a keen interest in pensions and an awareness of different schemes and legislation.
Office hours are between 8am-6pm Monday – Friday. Flexibility between these hours would be required
- Experience working within a HR Administration function, Payroll or Pensions currently – don’t worry too much about the pension knowledge side, we have a great people team here that will upskill your knowledge.
- Passionate about pensions: we get it pensions isn’t that exciting, but we should be excited about our future, and investing in it. It’s your job to learn and understand about our pension schemes and support queries from our internal customers, so we need you to be excited about learning and delivering excellent customer service.
- Customer-Focused: you understand your impact on the customer experience because you’ve been in their shoes, you listen closely to the customer to better understand their needs and go above and beyond to create the best experience possible.
- A Problem Solver: You’re able to take initiative to assess a problem and thrive on coming up with a creative or effective solution. When you don’t have the ‘fix’ you’re not scared to ask for help in resolving the situation.
- Team player: you're flexible where you can be and will pitch in on tasks, whether big or small; you're willing to teach and learn, lead, and follow.
- Tech ‘Savvy’: Okay so you’re not the next Bill Gates but you can get your head around systems, comfortable updating them as well as being competent with the Microsoft Suite – in particular Microsoft Excel, not just basics you’re able to use things like the VLOOKUP function, which your average user probably doesn’t know about.
Coventry University will provide support to you in your career and working environment. Whether you're relocating to work with us, looking for support as an academic or just want to speak to other like-minded people, we've developed a support network for you.
As well as a competitive salary we have a range of impressive benefits some of which are; pension schemes, generous holiday allowances, flexible working, a childcare vouchers scheme, personal and professional development, employee networks and discounted membership to the University's bespoke £4m sport and recreation centre where the University offers a physiotherapy service for all staff.
Closing date: 01/08/21