Our client a leading global consultancy practice have a superb opportunity to join their respected pensions operations team in Birmingham as a Change Team Manager. The Change Team Manager will be primarily responsible for delivering change projects for existing clients. Working in partnership with other Outsourcing departments, the Pensions Operations Change Team Manager is responsible for the delivery of project change work, following defined procedures and processes.
If you are an experienced Senior Pensions Administrator looking to take a step up to management or if you are currently a team manager looking for a more project focussed role, this opportunity could be ideal for you.
On a day to day basis your role with encompass the following:
Owns and drives performance management activities in the team by setting goals and delegating work to colleagues: holding them accountable for the delivery to agreed deadlines
- Holds regular 121s with colleagues to review performance, discuss issues, manage expectations and provide constructive feedback
- Develops and manages team resources by creating resource plans, ensuring headcount matches plans throughout the year and develops plans for future business need
- Organizes and monitors current activity so that the team meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and follow the agreed processes
- Coordinates the team’s workload ensuring both business as usual and/or projects are delivered to required deadlines and level of quality
- Analyses data on the output of the team's work and identify issues or trends connected to errors, time-consuming tasks, under or over capacity
- Accountable for overall team quality control, management of risks and escalations, audit and governance
- Drives and promotes the management and sharing of knowledge in the team of all client processes, tools and systems: ensuring documentation is correct, up to date and in line with any statutory or legislative changes
- Ensures updates and changes to processes are consulted with relevant stakeholders and the agreed change management processes are followed by colleagues
- Manages the financial performance of the team in relation to headcount and ad hoc spend, ensuring that holidays, expenses and overtime is managed and all relevant time is charged correctly
- Manages Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans ensuring all activities and processes are completed and kept up to date
Candidates will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Proven pensions administration experience to a senior level with a thorough technical knowledge of all aspects of pension scheme administration.
- Experience of managing or being part of a regular or ad hoc Scheme Project. Experience would be desirable particularly with data cleansing projects and GMP reconciliation exercises.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to anticipate future needs/issues, including leading on identifying solutions and making recommendations.
- A very capable communicator, confident to express your own views and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills that build long term relationships and trust.
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Excellent IT skills with intermediate + knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- High level of self- motivation and proactivity
- An effective communicator, confident to express your own views and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills that build long term relationships and trust
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through a flexible benefits structure, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday.
If you are interested in finding out more about the company and the role, please contact us on 0121 684 1555 quoting the above reference or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number above.