Our client, an independent and highly respected pensions consulting organisation have a superb opportunity for a suitably qualified candidate in the role of Pension Plan Accountant. This position could be based in either Birmingham, Glasgow or London
Key responsibilities include:
· Preparation of client annual Pension Scheme Trustee Report and Accounts and supporting workings in line with latest SORP.
· Work collaboratively with team members across locations, partners, consultants and administrators.
· Manage audit relationship, resolve queries and ensure audit sign off.
· Ensure compliance with statutory deadlines and deadlines specified within client agreements.
· Draft Trustees report for consultants to review
· Implement changes in line with statutory legislation and Accounting Standards of Recommended Practice.
· Maintain nominal and investment ledgers for each client in order to prepare financial statements.
· Liaise with Investment Managers and Global Custodians to ensure investment portfolio accounting is delivered in line with SORP and Scheme accounting policies.
· Prepare quarterly financial statements (where relevant).
· Assist with cash flow forecasting, management accounts and budgeting (where relevant).
· Complete and submit ONS returns (where relevant)
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge:
· ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified, or equivalent qualification and / or experience
· Strong working knowledge of pension scheme accounts
· Strong numerical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Speed and accuracy of work.
· Rational problem solver.
· Establishes great working relationships with key stakeholders to enhance quality of service
· Maintains a consistent level of professionalism across all roles and responsibilities
· Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications and accounting systems
You can expect a highly competitive salary and an award-winning comprehensive benefits package, including full study support where applicable, a share of the firm’s profits, good work life balance, ability to buy and sell holidays, your birthday off and huge array of other flexible benefits. Our client is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.
If you feel you have the skills and experience our client is looking for and are interested in finding out more about the company and the role, please contact us on 0121 684 1555 quoting the above reference or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference number above.